CPU Fan intaking air next to memory?

EtherealConstruct

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
216
With my new build, my memory heat spreaders are too tall, so I had to mount my heatsink so the fans blow horizontally. Right now I have it set like this:

<=120mm exhaust fan---Heatsink-Intake fan<=Memory

Will the cpu fan take in too much hot air from the memory as to be detrimental to the cooling abilities?
 
With my new build, my memory heat spreaders are too tall, so I had to mount my heatsink so the fans blow horizontally. Right now I have it set like this:

<=120mm exhaust fan---Heatsink-Intake fan<=Memory

Will the cpu fan take in too much hot air from the memory as to be detrimental to the cooling abilities?

I believe that's how most people mount their heatsinks.
 
I think that's how most people mount theirs that way, besides the amount of heat memory puts out is quite small and it's not nearly enough to heat the air that's not immediately around it.

It seems you just mounted it like everyone mounts theirs. You really never have to worry about it no matter which way it's facing, I have a dually with a HSF blowing into another HSF.
 
It's really not a problem. DDR3 doesn't produce that much heat, so overall it shouldn't have much if any effect on your CPU temps.
 
Back
Top