Cpu fan error, dont know what to do

fbm2themex

n00b
I just bought a "Zalman CNPS9700LED Ultra Quiet Cpu Cooler", i followed the installation guide, installed it correctly(i hope so). when i start the computer, i get this error

errorfan1.jpg

before the error displays(cpu fan error), i get 2 slow beeps and then 3 fast beeps(2-3)...i try searching online to find out if the beeps are related to my fan or what...and nothing...(i have a Asus P5LD2 m/b)...and i press F1, it goes to the windows, like nothing ever happen...
this never happen to me before, ever since i installed the new heatsink, it just started acting like its on drugs or sometihng..

heres a pic of the temps...
errorfan2.jpg

can anyone help me out?

Check the fan is plugged into the CPU Fan header and that it is spinning.

There's nothing wrong. If you're using the fanmate on the motherboard's fan header it won't be able to read the fan rpm's correctly. Either plug the fanmate into a the molex adapter or ignore it.

If you have an Asus motherboard (which it kinda look like you do) you can override halt on fan error in the bios. Then it'll just beep and keep loading.

Edit: haha I read your post again, I guess you do have an Asus mb. Don't worry mine did the same thing until I plugged it into a molex adapter. You can also just not use the fanmate and control the fan with speedfan, that solves the problem too.

Under the CPU Fan option you should be able to set it to ignore. That way the motherboard wont care if there is a fan installed on the CPU_Fan header or not and you will stop receiving the error message.

There's nothing wrong. If you're using the fanmate on the motherboard's fan header it won't be able to read the fan rpm's correctly.

thats incorrect. i have 3 fanmates plugged into my cpu, NB, and Sys fan headers, and all are read properly.

Under the CPU Fan option you should be able to set it to ignore. That way the motherboard wont care if there is a fan installed on the CPU_Fan header or not and you will stop receiving the error message.

cpu fan option....grr...you mean in the bios??

so thers nothing actually wrong with the fan??

so why did the error poped out in the 1st place?

cpu fan option....grr...you mean in the bios??

so thers nothing actually wrong with the fan??

so why did the error poped out in the 1st place?

The motherboard can't read the rpm's of your CPU fan. This error is there encase your cpu fan fails and to let you know it failed. As long as you are sure the that your cpu fan is running then there is no problem.

To turn off the option for your motherboard to warn you about this you can do the following.
Go into your bios - go to the power tab - go into the hardware monitor screen - select the cpu fan speed - hit enter - select ignore - hit enter - press f10 - hit enter ....

u mean the 4 pin slot thing?? even though the adapter in my heatsink has 3holes...do i plug it in ther?

Yes, that's where you should plug in your CPU-fan even if the slot have 4 pins and your fan only got 3 pins.
That slot is made in such way as a 3-pin fan fits and only fits in one way, you can't plug it in the wrong way.
The fourth pin is for Intel original CPU-fan where there fourth pin is for bios to set the fan speed according to heat.

Back