• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CPU cooling question

SBSuperfly

Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
865
I am currently using an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego processor on a Socket 939 Mobo. I have an AMD Opteron 175 that I would like to install, but it doesn't have a heatsink/fan. Will I be able to use my San Diego's stock cooler or do I have to buy something specific? If I have to buy something...any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
 
I had opty 170 for few days and I running it on scythe ninja with 120mm fan @ 7V
on 2,7ghz(stock Vcore) and on CPU had temps abot 48*C -stable (orthos prio 8)
You can try put stock heatsink from san diego but I guess it will be very loud, and you will forget about any OC on it
 
At stock speeds the heatsink should be sufficient. Don't expect to do any overclocking though, as the above poster pointed out.
 
i've just bought myself a new CPU fan, i will whack it in and give you a shout as to how it does. its supposed to be one of the best on the market so hopefully will come back with some good news an a recommendation of a great product to help keep your kit cool.

as duniek says the scythe ninja combo isn't a bad idea but is a mid-to-top range cooler.

at the end of the day it depends what you are trying to achieve.... a healthy cold stock CPU or cooling whilst overclocking.
 
Back
Top