CPU cooler recommendation.

walwalka

2[H]4U
I bought a Fractal Core 10000 not thinking, and now I'm in need of a cpu cooler.

Do you guys have an recommendation on a decent unit that will fit in this case. I've done some googling but haven't come up with much.

Like to keep it under $60 USD shipped.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

What are you cooling and what are the goals? Looks like it has a 120mm front fan, so a AIO might fit, but that depends on spacing etc in front, but would be the best bet for the best cooling.

I just want the machine to be cooler and more quiet than currently with the stock HSF. I don't plan to overclock at all.

I'm not sure that an AIO would fit because of the location of the front fan and the hard drive placement.

From there I would like to stick to air cooling I do believe, I'm just not sure what will honestly fit in this case.

I've been using the Megahalems from all of my recent builds, can be as quiet as you like yet also has very good performance.

I've been using the Megahalems from all of my recent builds, can be as quiet as you like yet also has very good performance.

The Megahalems is a large tower cooler and will not fit.

To the OP, again, what are you cooling? How hard is that $60 shipped? There are few good choices for low profile coolers and most of them tend to be pricy.

My recommendation for an air cooler is the Noctua NH-C14 at 133mm in height. I have one for sale with no fans for 45 dollars shipped somewhere in the F/S/T forum.

My recommendation for an air cooler is the Noctua NH-C14 at 133mm in height. I have one for sale with no fans for 45 dollars shipped somewhere in the F/S/T forum.

Assuming the OP has fans that will fit it already, the NH-C14 is a solid cooler.

I'm cooling an FX-6350, as far as keeping it under $60. It's not to firm, I can move and up and down as needed. I don't want to spend a fortune as it is a budget build.

Thanks guys!

If that is the case, do you have a 120mm fan on hand that is not to loud for your liking? The NH-C14 is a very high end cooler and should fit with the fan mounted to the bottom, assuming you don't mind used, if you want something new I can do some digging and see what I come across.

Back