CPU cooler in a NZXT Vulcan

Snittako

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
132
Hi, I have decided to get a nzxt vulcan for my next case, but am having problems on deciding the right air cpu cooler to use. I am planning on using a phenom 955 and want to overclock a bit as well. Also I would like to avoid water cooling and closed loops such as the h50 and h60. After searching the forums on overclock.net, I have mixed results since some say a cooler will fit and others don't. As far as I can tell the best possible air cooler that I read about to fit the vulcan was the noctua NH-C12P SE14. I want something a little cheaper in the $50-35 range. Anyone have any personal experience with this case and could tell me what cooler they used. Thanks for the replies.
 
I have the case but have only used it with a H50 on both amd and intel cpu's.
 
I believe the Hyper 212+ will fit.. Great cooler for the money. & you can spend an extra 12 bucks when you get it ona 2nd coolermaster blademaster fan (plus 6 on a PWM splitter if you want them both PWM speed controlled) & go direct to a Push/Pull config on it (the cooler comes with the mounting hardware for the 2nd fan)
 
Hi sorry for the late response and thanks for replying. I had already looked at the overclocking thread you linked and my only question is how does mounting it sideways change the height of the heatsink. When mounting the heatsink with fans blowing toward the back of the case, the heat pipes stick out too far. Even if you just turned it, wouldn't the heat pipes still stick out to far and prevent the side of the case from closing. Depending if the hyper 212+ fits or not, I am thinking about the noctua NH-c12p se14 or the NH-u9b. I was originally planning on the h60 but after reading some of the tubing length issues and possibility of a leak i decided to stay on air.
 
I am thinking between the Gemini II s and the noctua u9b. The gemini is abotu $35 shipped on ebay and the noctua is about $50.
 
I use the noctua NH-C12P SE14 in my vulcan, I had to switch out the top fans with some 15mm thick fans though to get it to fit right.
 
Back
Top