CPU "Budget Boy Wonder"

lathode

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/ComputerPowerUser/CP____1109__/

So I was sitting on the crapper reading a free copy of CPU and saw a budget build with a 400R case. Exactly what I plan to do. So the first component they mentioned was a Core i5 2300. Seemed kind of silly when the 2500k is less than $50 more but whatever, it's a budget build. Then they add an $80 cooler to it :confused: Then I see the Gigabyte board with the mSATA SSD, which costs $240, again odd but I figured they will pair that with a 2TB HD. But oh no, instead it's a $500 SSD :rolleyes: followed by expensive 1866 DDR3 and a 1350w PSU for $300! That sure is some budget build right there.

Well it is all relative I guess...

I just can't believe I built my whole rig for less than they spent on their PSU (granted I shopped for deals, but still). :eek:

What do you expect from CPU? You can easily tell who's paying them off in any given month. That build was most assuredly sponsored by Kingston for example.

Wow, this article is a laughfest. It does sound ludicrous to go with an 80$ cooler then not go with a K processor to actually make use of it. And then building a gaming computer with those ridiculous extras like a massive SSD, but then not going with a video card setup better than a 560 TI?

IMO silly articles like that become no longer interesting when I could actually afford to build the computer I wanted instead of just reading about it.

Back