• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

CPU Bottleneck a new video card?

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
15,467
My system:

CPU: AMD X2 6000+ @ stock 3.0Ghz
Ram: 4GB DDR2
Videocard: BFG 8800GT OC
Resolution: 1680x1050

Say I picked up a GTX 260, would I see a significant improvement over my 8800GT despite the processor?

**Note: I would like to stay with Nvidia. I have a secondary nvidia card used for additional monitors and I'm avoiding a driver clash with ATI.
 
yes you would see an improvement but that cpu would certainly hold a gtx260 from performing at its best especially at just 1680. in more cpu intensive games you will only be getting about 60-70% of what a gtx260 can do. personally I would just stick to what you have until you get ready for a new cpu/mobo/ram.
 
Back
Top