CPU Air Cooler recommendation?

Engr62

Gawd
I recently purchased a NZXT S340 Elite case to move my system (i7-4770K) into. I currently have the system in a Rosewill Redbone case, and the CPU is cooled with a Cooler Master Seidon 120M AIO. However, I've had this AIO for a number of years, and I think it's the pump that is making my system so loud--it seems to be louder than I remembered it being originally.

That being said, I plan to move to a CPU air cooler with the move in cases. Since the S340 Elite can only handle a CPU cooler 161mm high, what air cooler should I get? I'm leaning towards the Cryorig H5 Universal (it's 160mm high, so not much to spare).

I don't overclock, so I don't need a cooler with super performance. The most stress my system has is Handbrake conversions. I'd like to keep the CPU load temperatures to below 60C if possible.

I appreciate any input.

I recently purchased a NZXT S340 Elite case to move my system (i7-4770K) into. I currently have the system in a Rosewill Redbone case, and the CPU is cooled with a Cooler Master Seidon 120M AIO. However, I've had this AIO for a number of years, and I think it's the pump that is making my system so loud--it seems to be louder than I remembered it being originally.

That being said, I plan to move to a CPU air cooler with the move in cases. Since the S340 Elite can only handle a CPU cooler 161mm high, what air cooler should I get? I'm leaning towards the Cryorig H5 Universal (it's 160mm high, so not much to spare).

I don't overclock, so I don't need a cooler with super performance. The most stress my system has is Handbrake conversions. I'd like to keep the CPU load temperatures to below 60C if possible.

I appreciate any input.
You should be fine with many coolers but the H7 for $28 has good bang for the buck or maybe a truespirit 140 direct for $40

Check this it has both H5 and H7 and 4770k stock and OC temps

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermalright/Macho_RevB/6.html

Last edited:
if you aren't oc'ing or even if you are only going to moderately OC the H7 should be fine.. slightly better than a hyper212

As suggested, H7 is very good little cooler and $28 price makes it a very good choice, and TRUE Spirit 140 Direct is better and will just fit in your case. Check your motherboard has more than 70mm center CPU toward PCIe sockets. TRUE Spirit 140 Direct finpack reaches 70mm center CPU toward. and H7 finpack reaches 61.5mm.

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like the H7 may fit the bill. The True Spirit 140 looks to be 0.5 mm too tall (161.5 mm according to the diagram online).

I have a Cryorig M9i on my i5-4670K at stock, and its full load temperature is right at 61C. I'm hoping to keep my i7-4770K closer to 50C if I can. That's why I was looking at the Cryorig H5 Universal, but that may be overkill.

I would look at the Reeven Justice or Scythe Mugen 4 Rev. B [H] has reviews for both, with their 4770k

I just got a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B and like it a lot. I'm using it on a 7600k.

Back