Couple Wii questions

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
First, is there an official list somewhere of all the games that are going to be released when the Wii is released?

Second, do you anticipate a shortage? I remember with the Gamecube, there was hardly a shortage at least by me, and where I lived back then was no small town. Are Best Buy, Circuit City, etc was are shared by 6 or so towns, and each town had a good population.

4 million units shipping worldwide for the launch. I don't suspect any shortages.

theNoid said:
4 million units shipping worldwide for the launch. I don't suspect any shortages.

Wasn't it 4 million by the end of the year, worldwide? Nintendo would be stupid to make more product than there is demand for it.

Isaacav2 said:
Wasn't it 4 million by the end of the year, worldwide? Nintendo would be stupid to make more product than there is demand for it.

why would it be stupid..

Plus, the manufacturing industry draws efficiency from last minute systems. Basically you want to be holding as little stock as possible, for as short a time as possible. Parts -> Manufacture -> Shops... as needed. Rather than Parts -> Storage -> Manufacture -> Storage -> Stores.

Any time you're holding inventory, you're losing money. It's a fine balancing act.

Psychotext said:
Plus, the manufacturing industry draws efficiency from last minute systems. Basically you want to be holding as little stock as possible, for as short a time as possible. Parts -> Manufacture -> Shops... as needed. Rather than Parts -> Storage -> Manufacture -> Storage -> Stores.

Any time you're holding inventory, you're losing money. It's a fine balancing act.

True enough. It's hard to tell if there'll be shortages though, from the looks of things the popularity level of this thing is off the freaking charts. Anywhere you look polling is showing 4 times as many people saying they're buying a Wii versus a PS3.

'course, the $600 vs $250 issue could be helping that statistic out :)

Jason

mdk30 said:
I thought it was 4 million units by the end of 2006...

Correct.

"6 million console units and 17 million software units during the fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2007; and 4 million or more console units by the end of the 2006 calendar year."

gamestation.. 20 quid down..

i'm english. hence the dec 8th release date.. at least i'll know from US feedback the games to avoid!

Back