• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Couple Tech questions.....

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
1,945
1) Ok, got a x850 xt coming and right now I have a 9800 xt. Im running Omega drivers. Do I need to use driver cleaner when changing the cards as I will be using the same drivers?

2)Does adding an aftermarket cooling option still void the warranty? Does taking off the stock cooler and adding AS 5 then replacing it still void the warranty? (its been a year and a half since I replaced a video card just wondering if this has changed)
 
You guys overdo that Driver Cleaner crap, I switched over a whole syste, from a S754 Sempron setup, to a S939 Opteron, which also went from AGP 6600GT to a PCI-E x800GTO*2, all I did was go to add/remove programs and uninstalled the nVidia drivers.

I then installed the ATi drivers, all works well. 7000 3D Mark 05 score.

lawl.JPG
 
yeh but to some people it causes a lot of problems...itd be best to use driver cleaner
 
1) You do need to reinstall drivers!!!!!!!!! Each driver installation is done to match hardware to software, so right now you are installed for a 9800XT. Use Driver Cleaner if you know whats good for you - you don't want a poor performing installation from left over junk files do you?

2) Depends entirely on the manufacturer's warranty conditions. Most of the time it does however. Read your vga manual to find out.
 
Thanks for all the feedback. I will check my warranty when the card comes.
 
Back
Top