• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Couple of HDD Problems

D_A_M

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
122
I just finished my first build. Originally I only had a single HDD in at (120gb Samsung) but I just now installed a second drive (500gb Maxtor). This is my first time using a system with multiple HDD's, so I had a question. First, when installing games, software, etc. do I have to install it to the drive with Windows installed or does it not matter if I install it to the other?

My second question isn't really much about the HDD as it is about my case's HDD bay. When I received the HDD in the mail, it was OEM (I thought it was retail) so it came with no screws. I just figured the screws were the same size, so I just used some extras I had from my first HDD. Well, they're too small but now, the small screw won't come out. If I use a screwdriver, it just spins in place no matter which direction I turn it, but for some reason, it won't come out. I've tried using a jeweler's tool (the thing with 3 retractable prongs) to grab it and pull it out, but it will only lift so far (and kind of at an angle) and won't budge. I've tried getting to to just fall out by lightly shaking it, but it won't. This is why I hate screwing HDD's in :mad: I want rails! Anyone have any suggestions? I currently have it secured with the one bad screw, and then three larger ones that are apparrently the right size.
 
you can put the games on any drive you like..They do not have to be on the same drive as your operating system...I prefer them on a separate drive..
as fas as the screw, if its not gonna fall out, leave it there, or try some needle nose pliers to pull it out....or sometimes it helps to get a very small screwdriver behind the head as you turn it to try and help come it out..
 
If you can pull the drive away from the hole as you unscrew it may come out. Or try slipping some small scissors or something similar under the head of the screw as you turn it.
 
Back
Top