couple crossfire/4870 questions.

Wildace

Supreme [H]ardness
ok ive got a question, about 2 Sapphire 1GB 4870's

i recently got a sapphire 1GB 4870 for xmas from my sister, but now im thinking of getting a second one crossfire.

but ive never done a crossfire setup before and the 4870's are a little cheaper now than they were at xmas time.

im about 100% sure this is the one i have.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801

but then i see this one and it looks almost identical except its pre overclocked a few mhz but its also over $20 cheaper.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102815

im pretty sure crossfire doesnt care if you use the same model or brand cards but, should i spend a few $ more and get the same one i already have or save some money and get the cheaper pre overclocked one...

my current system:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 3.20GHz (stable at 3.6ghz but no reason to push it yet)
Memory: 4094MB RAM DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro (P45 so 8x 8x in crossfire)
Hard Drive: 3 TB Total, 2x 640GB Raid 0, 2x 320GB Raid 0, 2x 36GB Raptor Raid 0, 1x 320GB internal, 2x 500GB External
Video Card: ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 1GB 4870
Monitor: Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Platinum
Speakers/Headphones: Onkyo 7.1 True-HD/DTS-HD MA
Keyboard: G15
Mouse: Razer Daimondback
Mouse Surface: Razer eXactMat
Computer Case: Antec 900
PSU: Corsair 750watt x1 60amp

also does anyone have a link to a list of games crossfire works for, the main one i want it for is crysis and warhead because atm the the game is just below playable at 1920x1080 all enthusiest settings and i figure crossfire might push it over the edge to playable.

is there anything i should really know before jumping into crossfire? other than not all games support it.

because of the frequency; or lack there of to which ati releases their drivers, you may encounter a few instances where a newly released title won't have crossfire support. otherwise, cf is as stable of a multi gpu platform as sli. buy the cheaper card whenever possible. the differences in clock speed will not hamper performance.

Why is the Toxic cheaper than the standard 4870 1 GB?
NewEgg has such weird pricing.

Why is the Toxic cheaper than the standard 4870 1 GB?
NewEgg has such weird pricing.

i noticed shortly after posting this, that the more expensive, "non toxic version" has a free AMD combo gift for Stalker, i thinks its the newer clear skys cause the disk doesnt look like my stalker one.

so you get the "free" gift but your still tech paying for it lol.

Back