counterstrike: source

Jason711

Supreme [H]ardness
has anybody watched the gameplay video off of fileshack? im not really sure what to think of it. as in yay or nay... :confused:

I hope there's more content.. if I have to play de_dust again using the same old models I'll be pretty annoyed!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by new content. My guess is that there will be new models and textures, but that seems like it would take forever. I think the gameplay will be exactly the same though, if that's what you mean.

Also, I think the video looks pretty damn cool. It may not make the game different, but it's definitely more immersive. Like when bullets spray up the water or people fall backwards over railing when they die. Seems like it will be more fun if anything.

the@ntipop said:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by new content. My guess is that there will be new models and textures, but that seems like it would take forever. I think the gameplay will be exactly the same though, if that's what you mean.

Also, I think the video looks pretty damn cool. It may not make the game different, but it's definitely more immersive. Like when bullets spray up the water or people fall backwards over railing when they die. Seems like it will be more fun if anything.

it is more detailed than the original for sure... i supopse i was just expecting more so of the hl2 engine. or perhaps i am expecting too much.

I think you're expecting way too much. The CS Source team is still working on player models, skins, and sounds. The latest videos of source are still using the older skins, which they said they are planning on improving.

Much better lighting, physics (rag doll, movable objects, flashbang effect, frag grenade), grafx, and hopefully game play (no more riot shields-good, no more stacking-bad). Have you looked at the maps on the vids (dust2, aztec)? They're completely recreated and they look fantastic. Their purpose was to re-create the game that made CS so popular while adding many of the modern features of games today.

Yea, IMO they've just kinda "rushed" it in order to hit the HL2 deadline, so they haven't really updated it much.

The models /physics seems to be what they've mostly did to it, along with some other details.

But the enviroments still look VERY HL1'ish, i was hoping it would have been like HL2 quality graphics but it isn't.

Stiler said:
Yea, IMO they've just kinda "rushed" it in order to hit the HL2 deadline, so they haven't really updated it much.

The models /physics seems to be what they've mostly did to it, along with some other details.

But the enviroments still look VERY HL1'ish, i was hoping it would have been like HL2 quality graphics but it isn't.

well, i will say thats cool for beta :D

it's not done yet. as far as gameplay, it's supposed to be just like counter-strike. it's *not* a new game.

Jason711 said:
it is more detailed than the original for sure... i supopse i was just expecting more so of the hl2 engine. or perhaps i am expecting too much.

You were expecting to much ;) Besides the physics in the game, the source engine really aint that impressive. IMO, graphicly, its one the same level as UT2k4. I just uses high res textures on flat environments. Bleh..

maybe they should hold off on releasing CounterStrike:Source?

I mean when half-life 2 comes out i am pretty sure that most people will immerse themselves in playing that, both single and multiplayer.

I think the makers of CS:S should use that time to refine and improve CS...then release...a couple of months or so after HL2 itself has been out...just a thought...

Jäger said:
it's not done yet. as far as gameplay, it's supposed to be just like counter-strike. it's *not* a new game.

What does updating the enviroments to HL2 quality have to do with gameplay?

I do not understand why you are all so pissed.

This is Counter-Strike: Source. NOT Counter-Strike 2. The only change is that its able to use updated textures and physics. It will be the same thing as normal Counter-Strike. Just Source-ified. :D

If you want something new, wait for CS2.

That rhymed, too..

That also did.

So CS:Source, HL:Source, and (correct me if I'm wrong on this last one) TFC:Source will ship with HL 2, correct? I know that we'd all prefer to play CS:2, but I'm pretty damn stoked about CS:Source. There are still as many people playing CS today as just about any other game out there. For what it is the gameplay is damn near perfect, but it definitely shows its age. I for one will be more than happy to dive back in to a graphically revamped CS. Especially if I get it for free with HL 2.

For that matter I think I've played through the original HL three times. I'd be more inclined to play through it again with the revamped look (and I can only assumne AI, physics, etc).

Jäger said:
wtf are you talking about?

It sounded like you were trying to say that new graphics for the enviroment would somehow affect the gameplay of the game? :confused:

Stiler said:
It sounded like you were trying to say that new graphics for the enviroment would somehow affect the gameplay of the game? :confused:

re-read what i said. "as far as gameplay its supposed to be just like counter-strike...it's not a new game"

i was saying it won't effect gameplay

TFC:Source is being made, but it hasn't been confirmed whether or not it will be included with HL2.

Dont you realize! With the new engine someone will be able to make a another de_rally! The buggies will ride again! wooohoooo!

drako said:
TFC:Source is being made, but it hasn't been confirmed whether or not it will be included with HL2.

:confused: why the hell bother with TFC source when TF2 is supposed to come out around with HL2 or shortly after?

Gabe already said CS isnt the only MP and TF was being redone on source for HL2.

Triath said:
Gabe already said CS isnt the only MP and TF was being redone on source for HL2.

OK, so Half Life 2 will ship with CS:Source, Half Life:Source, and new multiplayer content. Man, that's one whole hell of a lot of content in one box. I can't wait. :D

Stiler said:
:confused: why the hell bother with TFC source when TF2 is supposed to come out around with HL2 or shortly after?
TF2 is a war game.. at least thats what it was looking like. If it is like the original plan it will be a Battlefield type game. TFC:S is completely different.

Back