CounterStrike Source Sunday 2/12/2012

Shalafi

Fully [H]
Hello gentlemen, after the relatively successful L4D2 on Saturday, I'm trying to gauge interest in a CS Source Sunday night event. It would be held this Sunday, perhaps around 7 p.m Central Standard Time (5 p.m. Pacific, 8 p.m. Eastern). We already have an [H] server, so we can use it all we want. I believe they have gungame and de_dust2, I'm not sure, I know they have gungame though.

But they can change suit to suit our tastes if we want a map rotation or something.

I'm in favor of having infinite money so that we can all have some good casual fun and not worry too much about team stacking so it feels one sided.

In essence, I want it like the way Noob Galore runs their shit (very good CS Source server that is 24/7 cs_office and bans AWP and the H & K sniper rifle). If we wanna do a map rotation I don't mind enabling AWP, but if you guys wanna vote and ban it, then we can do that.

If you guys wanna do a map rotation, then suggest what maps you'd like to see. Everyone has an equal voice here, I'd like to know what YOU guys are interested in and how YOU guys want it to run.

If you are gonna show up, make sure you say so in your post so I can add you to a list of who is CONFIRMED and who is TENATIVE (so we can get a solid idea of turnout).

If we end up with low turnout, we might all agree on a server to join and just join a populated server and have some fun together.

We will coordinate shit in [H]ardGaming Community Steam chat room as we did with L4D2, and just get shit going like last time.

Also, if you wanna show up, make sure you have CS Source installed and updated and that you test the game at some point between now and Sunday to ensure that you will be good to go on game night!!!

Thank you all for reading this and hope to see you guys on the battlefield!! I will edit this post with any new information and update the attendance list.

UPDATE, here is the server information. We just have to decide if we want to play GunGame or regular CS source using the new Global Offensive maps. I think the new maps would be fun to try, what do you gentlemen think?

CSGO map server 96.8.114.237:27025
GG server 96.8.114.237:27035

CONFIRMED
--------------------

Fail
Bigchedd
Snappshoota
Zepher
tricky0502
/usr/home

TENATIVE
--------------------

Suprfire
Bowhuntr11
Loco_Laptop
Jimi_Shuffler
Noobman

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot to say to not join the chat at all, unless you are sure you won't have anything come up! :)

I'm down fore some CSS. I prefer gun game.

I'm all for whatever you guys decide on, this is your event, I will make whatever you guys want to happen Sunday, happen. Please post whether you WILL BE THERE (CONFIRMED) or if you're TENATIVE, in your posts, so I can add you to the list so that people viewing this thread can get an idea of what kind of turnout can be expected.

Also helps me get the game plan filled out.

I might get in on this. my steam library shows CS:Source and CS:Source beta, whats the difference?

Awww, Walking Dead returns Sunday night :D Hopefully my new 3D monitor arriving today will put me in a better position of not getting ass raped in FPS games. Once I have it set up these games (120Hz and not in 3d mode :p) at least will given me a snowball's chance ;)

Count me in. 7 CST? I'm assuming that's with DST. Have to figure that out without DST :p. So 8 without DST?

Bah probably be trying to work on my new build Sunday night. :( Guess we will see how much I can get done tomorrow.

You can put me down tentatively. Don't be surprised if I go 0-15 and ragequit, though!

You can put me down tentatively. Don't be surprised if I go 0-15 and ragequit, though!

Thou shalt not ragequit.

It's the 10th Commandment, I removed the one that says "Thou shalt not kill". :eek:

im in. i can only play till about 930 est. you have a connect link?

dods the 19th?

im in. i can only play till about 930 est. you have a connect link?

UPDATE, here is the server information. We just have to decide if we want to play GunGame or regular CS source using the new Global Offensive maps. I think the new maps would be fun to try, what do you gentlemen think?

CSGO map server 96.8.114.237:27025
GG server 96.8.114.237:27035

was just on for a little while.... man i've gotten rusty!

there were 2-3 others that joined in while i was playing. it was fun!

I prefer to play gungame.
For some odd reason, I can easily hit and kill people in gungame but can't seem to hit or kill people in normal css. really strange.
I'll have a high positive kdr in GG and high negative kdr in CSS.

I'll play either mode since I enjoy the game.

I prefer to play gungame.
For some odd reason, I can easily hit and kill people in gungame but can't seem to hit or kill people in normal css. really strange.
I'll have a high positive kdr in GG and high negative kdr in CSS.

I'll play either mode since I enjoy the game.

That may be because a lot of the time people who are playing Gungame are listening to music or new to the game and don't really play to be the best and those in normal CS:S at least have a bit of a competitive side.

Steam is down for the moment, so as of right now, we're at the mercy of Steam, but I'm sure it will be up and running again before our event.

I would have us play some Gungame first, and then regular CS Source.

granted my steam is in an offline mode, its not stopping me from connecting to the server. playing dust right now with 3 other bots.

Back