• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Counter Strike demo questions.

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
4,539
How do I watch demos? They are in a .dev file format.

Also how would I go about recording. I have seen people making great CS videos. Specifically thePubmasters video. Good shiz :D
 
They should be in a .dem format, then you just put them in your \...\cstrike folder, open console and type playdemo name or viewdemo name (the latter opens a scrollbar which allows you to pause and move throughout the demo at will but may cause distortion if there are ingame voices recorded in the demo). FRAPS is a commonly used program to record demos for conversion to video formats, although you can use the console command startmovie x y, where x is the name of the file to record to and y is the FPS, although I believe this just creates a bitmap for each frame and you must use another program to string these together into a movie.
 
Craftish said:
They should be in a .dem format, then you just put them in your \...\cstrike folder, open console and type playdemo name or viewdemo name (the latter opens a scrollbar which allows you to pause and move throughout the demo at will but may cause distortion if there are ingame voices recorded in the demo). FRAPS is a commonly used program to record demos for conversion to video formats, although you can use the console command startmovie x y, where x is the name of the file to record to and y is the FPS, although I believe this just creates a bitmap for each frame and you must use another program to string these together into a movie.

So to record a demo of myself I can do "startmovie"? How do I stop it?
 
No usually what you do is "record" which records the demo without lagging, then do startmovie x y, where x is the name of the demo file you're making a movie of and y is the fps. When you're recording the command stop stops the demo, when you're using startmovie I believe just bringing down the console stops it from capturing screenshots.
 
Craftish said:
No usually what you do is "record" which records the demo without lagging, then do startmovie x y, where x is the name of the demo file you're making a movie of and y is the fps. When you're recording the command stop stops the demo, when you're using startmovie I believe just bringing down the console stops it from capturing screenshots.

Alright. So I can just make up a name for the demo? Where will this file be located?

What do you mean by the FPS? I have to set an FPS where it will run at? It won't run at the FPS I play the game at?
 
Back
Top