Counter-Strike 1.6

bl1tzk1213g

Limp Gawd
Anybody here used to play Counter-Strike 1.5/1.6 competitively? I used to play it back when I was a middle school and high-school. That's how I got into building computers since if you had a crappy computer, you'd lag if there was a smoke grenade on the map :p I remember CAL seasons, getting all excited for a match!

Anybody here still plays CS 1.6? Everyone moved to source and I don't think people still even play CS:S

quit years ago, from what ive seen recently in the rare occasion i do get on is both are pretty even player count wise day to day.

if you pay monthly you can get an ESEA account and play with some good players, but expect a lot of goofing around and non-teamwork with some of those guys. other than that they have an internal league set up that works fairly well. Plus their anti cheat system they use is pretty fucking effective.

CAL is dead, I think CEVO is still going though.

(ex cal M player from around season 8-11)

quit years ago, from what ive seen recently in the rare occasion i do get on is both are pretty even player count wise day to day.

if you pay monthly you can get an ESEA account and play with some good players, but expect a lot of goofing around and non-teamwork with some of those guys. other than that they have an internal league set up that works fairly well. Plus their anti cheat system they use is pretty fucking effective.

CAL is dead, I think CEVO is still going though.

(ex cal M player from around season 8-11)

Yeah when I went to college, I went on computer/online hiatus. I'm just missing the good old days, yeah I notice CAL is dead and even CPL. Nice cal-m, never been that good, cal-im, got into a cal-m team 1-2 season because I know the people lol.

check http://www.game-monitor.com/

I still play source, I seem to play it for a month every year, then I get sick of it.
Yeah but I don't have source lol. It annoys me when I join a 1.6 server and all it has are bots

I could of been part of CAL, but I was never serious enough to do it, but I definitely had the skill to do it. I prided myself in accuracy and using only the bullets needs, unless I'm in a panic. I haven't played anything CS for over a year, so technically, I played CS/CSS for over 9 years. Honestly, I had some great and nerve-wrecking moments.

Wasn't signed up for leagues, but did CAL-IM/M scrims in that channel on IRC. My friends and I were pretty damn good, but got addicted to MMOs. Those were some good days back then. We occasionally still hop on and fuck around, but nothing serious.

I could never handle the amount of dedication it took to get good at CS. Kudos to anyone who did I say!

The only game that got me off CS was WoW. Luckily I quit lol. I played for years and years.

There's still a handful of pubs but ESEA is really the only living North American community left. Keep in mind that the average person is a lot better today than they were 3/4/5+ years ago, so you might get your ass kicked a bit. :O

CS 1.6 was the most fun I had staying in at University. Man, some floor vs. floor matches in residence lasted the whole night. Good times, play CSS here and there but nothing compares to my post secondary memory.

speaking of 1.6 I bought it a few days ago to play with a cousin and cannot get it to run 3240x1920 fullscreen, it's goes into windowed mode and I cannot choose any res other then 3240x1920 (my native res)

Yeah when I went to college, I went on computer/online hiatus. I'm just missing the good old days, yeah I notice CAL is dead and even CPL. Nice cal-m, never been that good, cal-im, got into a cal-m team 1-2 season because I know the people lol.

Yeah but I don't have source lol. It annoys me when I join a 1.6 server and all it has are bots

well source is pretty cheap

I'd definitely recommend checking out ESEA if you are actually wanting to play again (competitively).

I played CS from 2000 to 2005 and quit when I met my future wife. LOL at middle school.... they taught TYPING on typewriters at my High School. There were only a couple of computers on the entire campus and one was for CAD. In middle school it was all 8bit all the time.

I absolutely loved that game and I was pretty damn good. I was in a couple of clans but only as a moderator and scrimmage partner. I worked full time and couldn't commit to anything besides that.

I played CS from 2000 to 2005 and quit when I met my future wife. LOL at middle school.... they taught TYPING on typewriters at my High School. There were only a couple of computers on the entire campus and one was for CAD. In middle school it was all 8bit all the time.

I absolutely loved that game and I was pretty damn good. I was in a couple of clans but only as a moderator and scrimmage partner. I worked full time and couldn't commit to anything besides that.

YES! lol, I remember taking those stupid mandatory typing classes:

teacher: "J J J, carriage return"
"F F F" etc. etc. etc.

Should pick-up Source. Especially If you haven't played it since launch days it's mechanically a much better game, even more so after the Orange Box Update. There's still a great amount of players as well.

Yea, pretty much the same story here. Played it from 2002-2005 very often. Was Cal-P - Team Super.

Went to many lans, one in particular at the nashville hilton for which Fatal1ty showed up to play in the quake 3 tournament. He was looking for a CS team, we were 1 person short so we picked him up. Was kind of cool to play with him, he was about the same experience level as us in CS.

I could of been part of CAL, but I was never serious enough to do it, but I definitely had the skill to do it. I prided myself in accuracy and using only the bullets needs, unless I'm in a panic. I haven't played anything CS for over a year, so technically, I played CS/CSS for over 9 years. Honestly, I had some great and nerve-wrecking moments.
Do you play Black Ops?

Do you play Black Ops?

No. I stopped playing pretty much all COD games after 4. I liked Nazi Zombies in W@W, hated MW2 and BO. I played the last two with my friend on the 360... I was so bored and honestly, it felt really plain.

And yes, I know you're the HUGE COD guy on this forum and hate pretty much other shooters.

Its sad really, there hasn't been any game out in awhile that is competitive enough to join leagues again.

Yea, pretty much the same story here. Played it from 2002-2005 very often. Was Cal-P - Team Super.

Went to many lans, one in particular at the nashville hilton for which Fatal1ty showed up to play in the quake 3 tournament. He was looking for a CS team, we were 1 person short so we picked him up. Was kind of cool to play with him, he was about the same experience level as us in CS.

Holy snaps nice CAL-P. I remember posers on IRC on PUG channels saying CAL-P++ etc. hahaha but seriously if CS 1.6 really comes back to life I'd play it no doubt it my heart lol. That was like the only game I really played seriously. I had consoles but only addicted to Gran Turismo 1 2 3 and Metal Gear but not as much as CS :).

Not hating here but I also think CS:S is pretty cheap (probably because never had too much experience with it) There are too many variables on CS:S unlike CS 1.6 which is plain raw. That's just my opinion

It's so funny that this got brought up now.... about a week ago a fired up CS and started playing again. It had probably been a 4 year hiatus since I last played.

I originally started playing on beta 2 when my weapon of choice was the colt with the suppressor and scope on it.... I think the guns stayed on the ground between rounds back then too.

A lot of fun times were had with HL death match and CS.... Valve has by far been my best bang for buck with that one copy of Half-Life

Spent sooo much of my life in CS, damn. I played in quite a few of the leagues, starting with the OGL when that was the only CS league, with my clan holding the #1 spot in both west and open for a bit (Children of Hell), RiTD playoffs, STA I think it was? I also played for 7bits for a while, hit cal-i and placed 3rd at a CPL qualifier in Sacramento around 2002-2003? I think(should have taken 2nd, but the last match was cpl_mill which was new and we hadn't played yet. TSO placed 1st, they were out of our league but super cool guys.) That was the same LAN that spawned the video of the supposed cheater's computer being tossed into the parking lot and broken...totally staged, btw. ;) So many good memories in CS, played a bit for UGP, TDK, several others back in the day. I'd like to play another game competitively, but nothing has the same feel as CS. I love the battlefield games but they just seem to not quite fit the competitive model. Praying for counter-strike 2, with good hit boxes for once.

EDIT: Goddamn I can't believe a lot of that was 12 years ago or more. I'm getting old. :(

No. I stopped playing pretty much all COD games after 4. I liked Nazi Zombies in W@W, hated MW2 and BO. I played the last two with my friend on the 360... I was so bored and honestly, it felt really plain.

And yes, I know you're the HUGE COD guy on this forum and hate pretty much other shooters.
Haha...no man I don't hate all other shooters!!! I just don't care for the BF series. I actually pretty much love all shooters in general. :)

Ahhh, The good ol'e CS 1.6 days. I was the clan leader for OSX, NEG, ifB, UnTZ. Played against [W.E.W], riotsquad, TSO, Gamers-X and the rest in WOGL, BoTB, RiTD, IGL, STA, and CAL-I. My most memorable moment that I will never forget was when I first watched X3 vs. NiP at CPL and they did the 4 man stack on de_nuke and strafe jumped to outer ledge. It was a "wtf omg" moment. Haha, man.... CS was the best community ever, I don't think we'll ever see another awesome gaming community again. Lurking on MiRC, watch demos, attending tournaments...such great fun. :)

Spent sooo much of my life in CS, damn. I played in quite a few of the leagues, starting with the OGL when that was the only CS league, with my clan holding the #1 spot in both west and open for a bit (Children of Hell), RiTD playoffs, STA I think it was? I also played for 7bits for a while, hit cal-i and placed 3rd at a CPL qualifier in Sacramento around 2002-2003? I think(should have taken 2nd, but the last match was cpl_mill which was new and we hadn't played yet. TSO placed 1st, they were out of our league but super cool guys.) That was the same LAN that spawned the video of the supposed cheater's computer being tossed into the parking lot and broken...totally staged, btw. ;) So many good memories in CS, played a bit for UGP, TDK, several others back in the day. I'd like to play another game competitively, but nothing has the same feel as CS. I love the battlefield games but they just seem to not quite fit the competitive model. Praying for counter-strike 2, with good hit boxes for once.

EDIT: Goddamn I can't believe a lot of that was 12 years ago or more. I'm getting old. :(

Haha I remember being 13 or 14 seeing that videoclip where the guys trashed the supposed "hacker/cheater" at lan. hahah I knew it was fake at that time. Man I wish I went to CPL even to just watch. Must have been a really really good experience!

Ahhh, The good ol'e CS 1.6 days. I was the clan leader for OSX, NEG, ifB, UnTZ. Played against [W.E.W], riotsquad, TSO, Gamers-X and the rest in WOGL, BoTB, RiTD, IGL, STA, and CAL-I. My most memorable moment that I will never forget was when I first watched X3 vs. NiP at CPL and they did the 4 man stack on de_nuke and strafe jumped to outer ledge. It was a "wtf omg" moment. Haha, man.... CS was the best community ever, I don't think we'll ever see another awesome gaming community again. Lurking on MiRC, watch demos, attending tournaments...such great fun. :)

True, I loved.. wait, LOVE CS. The community was one of the best if not the best. Yeah lurk on MiRC, support channels, get free vent channels, etc. I miss the good old days. NiP was my first favorite pro team followed by Schroet Kommando which is basically the same team hahha

Like many others I was pulled away from the game by WoW which I still continue to play pretty competitively (PvE). However, the death of probably the most popular and influential KZ player in the KZ community (Justin Swint a.k.a. dr0psys) brought me back to the game about a month ago. I've been playing anywhere from 1-3 hours almost every day and have regained some of the passion I used to have. Seeing all of the other players again from the good old days in the PhooGi servers has definitely helped as well.

Back