counter productive ?

p3n said:
its rather counter productive :confused:

Explain. I'm curious as to how this could be counter productive. Its always occured to me that advancements in science and medicine were good.
 
Well it doesnt say 'we will be coordinating with stanford, the long running .. etc'
 
There are, have been and will continue to be many folding projects around. Stanford was the one we (the team) chose to support.

The only things that have changed are the number of people who are now finding out how to get more “free” research for their project(s) so there will be some (additional) competition for your CPU cycles.

Until something really dramatic changes I’ll keep my work where it is.
 
I think that if you read about each project you will find they are doing very different things.
Simply seeing the words "Folding" and "Protein" in an announcement don't make them the same. This new project uses completely different methods and has far different goals.

I'm sure that this new project will attract many new users. I downloaded the client, ran a couple of work units and turned it off. I like to test everything that is medical related DC. If you're really into "set it and forget it" both the UD project and this new one run the same basic client... very stable.
 
Back
Top