Could ya'll help me find my dream case please?

Keetha

Limp Gawd
Hey all. I'm graduating soon and my parents and grandparents are giving me a ton of money for a new computer. I've been looking for a sweet case and I feel like I've seen every case out there twice, but I still haven't found one I loved. The best ones I've seen for me are the CM Praetorian (Original, the 730 is ok though) and the CM Elite 331.

Requirements:
Not more than $150-180.
Black.
Not reversed (like the Lian-Li) or inverted (like another popular case out that I forget).
PSU at the top.
No weird attachments for the video card, or elaborate fan setups on the side of the case, though a normal 80-140mm fan that is connected to the side of the case and just a grill would be ok.
A generally plain look, inside and out, like the old Praetorian.
Removable MB tray.
No USB/Firewire/Etc on the top, a la the new Praetorian 730. Front is fine.

Bonuses (not required):
No window.
At minimum, 120mm fan in the front and in the back.
Thumb screws on the back, or a "tool-less" design.

I guess the deal is... I LOVE the old Praetorian, but I would prefer it with a 120mm in the front, one in the back, and one on top (exhaust) or on the side (intake).

All suggestions are appreciated and I'll look em all up (even if I already seen em before, I can forget). Thanks a lot :).

Now that is a sweeeeeet case. The price is a little high though. NewEgg link...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146031

Arcygenical, thanks, I missed that one I think. I'll have to decide between the two.

Anyone else know of any cases like these ones? They are exactly what I want, only thing they are missing is the removable MB tray, but who cares? :D

I know you want to keep the cost down, but it's also quite true that you get what you pay for.

In my situation, I dropped $279 for one of these..... :eek:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163073

It's built like a tank, solid and beautiful to work in and with.

Cheap isn't always good, though sometimes you find a diamond in the rough.

That NZXT case is likely worth every penny, and will last for years of constant CPU/MB upgrades.

My last case I've had for close to 8 years.

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/reviews/misc/3dcool_tornado/

I paid $160 new for it, which was insanely high back then, but if you figure out the average, it cost me around $20 a year. The only reason I had to upgrade at all was that it was never designed to cool a modern SLI rig with a dual core CPU and 5 HD's. :D

Whatever case you decide on, enjoy your new rig!!!

One of these may fit the bill.
Antec Atlas Black

I've considered this one, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know if it is too plain, or looks too small or what.

Ew.

This one is on my list now, thanks to you. I like the two back fans.

On my list :). Thanks again.

Already on my list from the previous guy :).

Sweet case, but way too small. I've seen this guy before.

Nice price, on my list too now, thanks.

So what did you do to find all of these? I've used the filters and stuff, but generally I only find either way too cheap (not price-wise) cases or gaudy cases. I guess part of my problem is I mostly looked at "name-brand" cases. Anyways, thanks a ton, I finally have a selection of cases I like :).

I know you want to keep the cost down, but it's also quite true that you get what you pay for.

In my situation, I dropped $279 for one of these..... :eek:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163073

It's built like a tank, solid and beautiful to work in and with.

Cheap isn't always good, though sometimes you find a diamond in the rough.

Whatever case you decide on, enjoy your new rig!!!

I've seen that Silverstone one around. The build quality on it looks amazing. But it's got the PSU at the bottom, which drives me nuts. It also has a fan in a weird spot. Otherwise it looks like a sweet case, but for the money, not worth it for me personally. I am really liking that NZXT though.

The Adamas is a really cool case. The extruded aluminum gives me a hardon.

Did I just say that?

Back