• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Could we have some bezel listing here?

zankza

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2013
Messages
44
I'm looking to improve/expand my multimonitor setup. Bezels are number one priority here.

I would really like very simple help from HF: give me an link to best bezel monitor you know.
The only requirement would be that it needs to have vesa mounting, size, resolution, extras do not matter.

Please also post monitors which does very well in debezeling as well. Thanks!
 
Those are some fine monitors, but I'm looking for some variation such as square monitors with fine bezel?
 
Those are some fine monitors, but I'm looking for some variation such as square monitors with fine bezel?

6 mm is the lowest you can find on the market without debezeling. That is for the U2414H (IPS).

Asus has 6 mm as well but it is a TN.

Acer has a very good price for H236HL , but no VESA mount:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODGn3I9BIAo

If you are looking for 3 x landscape all the above are a good option. If you are looking for 3 x portrait you need to debezel since there isn't any monitor designed for this.
 
BenQ GW2760HS
Dell U2414H

I can't really recommend the Dell U2414H and I would know, I have 3 of them.

Yes the thin bezel is nice BUT you will pull your hair out getting them to work if you are using a Nvidia GPU (although AMD users are not immune either).

There are two major issues

1. The Dell Displayport MST is simply a mess. The MST 1.2 hub Does not work so forget about daisy chaining them. For months Dell says there is no problem but I have yet to meet anyone whose gotten it to work. If you want to run 3 Displays you need 3 ports which you cannot do on a single Nvidia card (reason below)

2. The HDMI also has a large problem. The Screens will randomly lose signal. This is due to a driver error at Nvidia which erroneously thinks the Monitor is a HDTV and sends it the wrong color calibration. This is not Dell's fault, but they could fix the issue in its firmware by 'forcing' the correct signal to be sent however IF they do this it would only be under a monitor revision. Those with the original reference (ref: A00) are SOL. Dell is content
to dump the problem at Nvidia lap leaving their customers stranded. Nvidia acknowledges problem but whether its going to fix it is unknown.

Other brands have a similar issue, but they do offer alternatives as they do have DVI ports and more reliable DP ports which the U2414H doesn't have.

Now I was able to solve my issues by buying another graphics card and using 2x HDMI to DVI cables + 1 DP cable but these cables had to be special ordered and it took 3 weeks to finally resolve the issues but I was absolutely livid about DELL's non-response to a problem almost all its Nvidia Surround customers were using.

Its a shame too because the panels themselves are quite nice.
 
Back
Top