• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Could use some advise...O/C'ing 3000+ Socket 754 system.

NeoTek

Gawd
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
558
I am trying to O/C my processor a little more and was curious what a "safe" vcore would be for it. I am trying to squeeze as much out of my current system (see sig) as I can until I need to upgrade to a PCI-e setup. I am currenty at 2.35 ghz now however it won't hold a stable prime 95. My current voltage is at 1.65. How high can I take this thing? Also, what is a "safe" temp?


I am going to add a better cooler (currently CNPS7000B-ALCU). Also any suggestions on that would be very helpful, however I like to keep my PC as quiet as possible. TIA!
 
well as far as "safe" voltages go I can't really answer that question too well but I know that everytime I OC instead of bumping incrementally I always just set it to the max and then see how high I can get. I have a WC setup though so my temps NEVER get high enough for me to worry about them. I don't like to run anything over 55c and haven't seen my processor get that hot since I had my 2500+ barton with its voltage maxed (still running strong for the past 2 years)

according to amd's pdf thingy that you can google, the max you're supposed to let them heat up to is like 70c iirc.
 
I have the same chip and just ordered a Thermaltake Big Typhoon to cool it. I think it will cool about the best at quiet levels.
 
It would help to know how hot the chip is running at those volts. I've used 1.7v (i know that sounds crazy) on my 3400+ Clawhammer @ 2.6GHz on a Tt Typhoon.
 
Back
Top