• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Could use a bit more insight (C2D E6320)

[+Duracell-]

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
254
After a year or so at running 2.8, I decided to try to push my E6320 more. Last night, I ran it at 3.0Ghz 1.375V stable in Orthos.

How much voltage can these chips take, and what would be safe for everyday + gaming use? I noticed that when I set it to 1.375Vcore in my BIOS (Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 is my mobo), it idles at 1.39V and load at 1.362V ... gg vdroop. I've seen other sites and such going upwards of 1.5V on air.

I've tried flipping it right to 3.5Ghz (500x7) at 1.35V, but it would refuse to post. I know it's not my mobo because it would post at 500x6.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6320
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
Heatsink: Zerotherm BTF-90

I know I don't have the best heatsink *shrug* :( My progress is good right now? My main concern is how much voltage I can put into the CPU safely considering I use it everyday.
 
for me to run my e6300 at 3.2ghz i had to give it 1.4v and also raise the nb (mch) voltage to 1.5v.

the older 65nm can take 1.45v no problem provided you have adequate cooling.
 
65nm Core 2 CPUs like yours can go up to a CPU voltage of 1.5V safely.
 
Ok, the OC was stable for a few days. Today, I kept getting random BSODs while trying to install the RE5 benchmark, so I backed off to what it was before I attempted to OC further (2.80Ghz, 1.275V). ANOTHER random BSOD occured, so I set the memory timings to Auto. Yet another one occured (Video scheduler or something) so I'm going to try to back off my video card OC.

My RAM is 3 months old, been running it at 2.0V as per manufacturer's spec. Video card is 1 year, CPU+mobo is 2 years. The oldest part in my computer is my PSU, which is 3 years old + whatever it was before (it's used). I'm thinking that's the culprit of my recent BSODs...these recent string of BSODs have only started after I pushed it further...the only other problem I see is that memtest refuses to run past a certain test...test 2 or something. My computer just restarts afterwards. I'll have to check later.

Any thoughts?
 
on air 1.4v on water 1.5v at some point over 1.4 heat starts to runaway
 
Back
Top