Could there be downloadable reviews?

mcravenufo

Ravenufo's Macs
This isn't related to the Forums but to the reviews/articles on [H]ardOCP.com.
I was wondering if it would ever be possible to offer the reviews/articles in a downloadable form? (PDF or the like)

I suspect that offering articles in a downloadable form would cut into advertising revenue. You can do that at Ars Technica, but you have to be a subscriber, for the same reason, I'd guess.

I also wish there was a decent way to print out the reviews. They'd be great reading in the crapper at work, but it take too long load each page and print it individually.

Just put the ad in the PDF.

However i think it is unlikly this will ever happen.

More work for Kyle, Brent, and the rest, for what?

spadefoot said:
I suspect that offering articles in a downloadable form would cut into advertising revenue. You can do that at Ars Technica, but you have to be a subscriber, for the same reason, I'd guess.

I also wish there was a decent way to print out the reviews. They'd be great reading in the crapper at work, but it take too long load each page and print it individually.
lol, yea I find myself bored there at times, probably a good way to pass time. You cna always copy and paste reviews into word and then print.

It wouldn't be too hard per-say, but more than likely the issue would be advertising revenues. Perhaps if HardOCP had a subscription system where you could remove the ads/download articles. I know I'd pay for it.

Then again, the ads aren't really too obstructive, unlike gamespy where you have to like twist your head to read the article around all of the ads

its not so much that, you can put ads as pictures in PDF's, they just wont be animated. but its more work, possibly more overhead, and the current system isn't really broken, so why re-invent the wheel?

Besides you can just go to file->save page as, to download the page.

Yeah, I know how to use a browser. In a 10 page review, it's a pain in the ass to either save or copy and paste each individual page.

Back