• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Could someone please explain this?

Munka

Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
628
Okay, this may be inensely n00bish, but:
CPUZ-mem.JPG


could someone explain why my "FSB: DRAM" is FSB + 33 MHz?

I have a P4 2.53.... and I know the score with the quad pumping an fsb of 133, but then why does it not just say 1:1 for that ratio? because that is really what it is, isn't it?

thanks in advance for my perhaps redundant question....
 
thanks, the new version says exactly the same as the one I was using, though... though if all of my Bios settings are at default, then nothing should be clocked higher like that, right?
 
Because the FSB is 133 QDR (533) and the Ram is running at 166 DDR (333).

533 / 4 = 133
333 / 2 = 166

Thus 133 + 33 = RAM Speed of 166.

DC
 
Back
Top