Could really use some help with fan selection.

theplaidfad

Lurker
2FA
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
1,264
Hello fine folks.

As per the title, I need help replacing some system fans in my PC. My goal is to maximize cooling efficiency without maximizing noise levels. I usually alternate between running all fans in high speed for gaming, and low speed for regular tasking/netflix etc. I'm not happy with the Phantek fans I've had for a long while right now in terms of noise. One of them I think is defective and makes more noise than the others as well.

What I have to work with:
A 5-port, 30-watt per channel, 5.25" bay fan speed controller. It has 3-pin connectors. Link for Specs here.

Case is a Fractal Design R5.

What I need:
2 x120 mm Fans to mount on a Corsair H100i GTX (Exhaust out of the top of the case). I have no idea what fans are good for radiators anymore.

4 x 140mm Case fans configured as 1 x 140mm for rear exhaust, 2 x 140mm for frontal intake (filtered), 1 x 140mm for side panel video card intake (filtered)

Thank you in advance for your input.
 
I have a GT H110i and use the fans that came with it. I use Corsair Link software to keep the fans running as slow as possible without the CPU getting too hot. I try to get the CPU to idle at 30C max winter and 40C max summer.

I use MSI Afterburner software and a custom fan curve to keep my R9 Nano cool and quiet.

My case is an NZXT Enthoo Pro. It has a 140mm rear fan and a 200mm front fan. I use the mother board software (ASRock AXTU) to run them as slowly as I can and keep them quiet too.

I'd get rid of the side fan. 2x140mm on the front and 1x140mm on the rear plus the H100i top fans will be more than enough to keep your PC cool.
 
Back
Top