Could I run a Pentium-M HSF-less in this?

if you undervolted you may be able to... the 725 (i think) in my 700m will run @ under 1v at 16x multi and at a 6x multi just .7v (lowest the prog let me put it to) The load on it (in a laptop) is around 25-40c

first question is why, trying to dissipate all the heat of a processor through the core only(even the little bit the P-M may make underclocked as jay1227 says) you run the risk of burning up the cpu

i would say you could use a fanless heatsink, but i wouldnt go further than that if i were doing it

They were having to downclock to around 700MHz to run without a heatsink and it was doing 50-60 degrees, IIRC.

Now with a heatsink, it's doable. I was hoping to run passively with a large copper heatink using a Tualatin Celery in my Jetway, which according to Intel only put out around 33ish watts. I think it was heating up to like 65 and was having issues, so I threw an 80mm fan on and zalmanated it. :cool: It's running in my car in a little plastic box under the rear seat and doing fine.

You would probably still have to pinmod it to undervolt/downclock. I tried one as well.

Back