• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Could blue and white CC's work?

Jbroad572

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
192
I think I want to go with a blue and white setup for the inside of my case. I don't want them to work against each other, but rather them compliment each other. Would 2 cathode's get this accomplished? I will also have 3 fans on the top of my case, probably all white led fans or maybe 2:1 (white and blue in the middle. Two of those will probably not be seen through the case, because of the heatercore, but the other will shine through.
Would I get good results with placing them on opposite sides on the case or together?
 
Hmmm I don't know how that would work out. I have 2 white CCFL in my case and I had a blue LED fan in there as well but the white just drowned out the blue but it could be different with a blue CCFL. CCFLs are cheap so I say give it a shot.
 
Jbroad572 said:
I think I want to go with a blue and white setup for the inside of my case. I don't want them to work against each other, but rather them compliment each other. Would 2 cathode's get this accomplished? I will also have 3 fans on the top of my case, probably all white led fans or maybe 2:1 (white and blue in the middle. Two of those will probably not be seen through the case, because of the heatercore, but the other will shine through.
Would I get good results with placing them on opposite sides on the case or together?
im not exactly sure what u meant by compliment but they way that i would make two different colored Cold Cathodes work is to have one tube on the top and the other color on the bottom. I'm thinking that this would have a cool effect and have the colors change at around the video card
 
You may want to keep the numbers balanced or the sizes balanced. IE (2) 4 inch blues and an 8 inch white. They should compliment each other quite nicely. I have a yellow CCD and a hyper-bright red LED panel that combine to form a nice orange where they meet but still maintain their respective colors. CCDs are cheap now so even if you don't like the way it looks, you aren't out a lot of money.
 
Back
Top