Could BFBC2 have been branded as BF3?

I think BFBC2 is pretty awesome, i have not played a PC game this much in a long time, brings back the memories of the old BF2 days and how awesome that game was.

Aside from the lack of air support, no jets and not a lot of helicopter use, i think this could have been BF3, only makes me hope BF3 is way better.

not a chance in heck it could be branded as BF3.. while they are similar games vehicle/unit wise.. the actual game play, style of play are very different..

I'm probably talking out of my ass because I've only played the beta so far(I'm going to get the full game soon though), but the next time someone mentions the lack of prone as a con, I'm gonna scream.

Removing it was a design choice that takes some thinking to get around to, but in the end I'd say it works. It certainly helps to differentiate it from the other Battlefields, which is another reason why it wouldn't have worked in a BF3. This is a positive change though, because I don't know about you guys but I remember my BF2 experience being a bit of a pronefest thanks somewhat to the distances involved and mostly because of the occasionally bullshit hit detection that's a characteristic of pretty much all battlefield games, at least to my knowledge. That was some boring stuff sometimes, and this was a positive step towards mitigating some of that.

BC2 is definatly a different game. I didnt like BF2 but I loved BF2142. I would much rather have a BF2143 thena BF3.

I agree. 2142 was much more interesting for me then BF2, though I wish they had reworked the Titans a bit...

I'm probably talking out of my ass because I've only played the beta so far(I'm going to get the full game soon though), but the next time someone mentions the lack of prone as a con, I'm gonna scream.

Removing it was a design choice that takes some thinking to get around to, but in the end I'd say it works. It certainly helps to differentiate it from the other Battlefields, which is another reason why it wouldn't have worked in a BF3. This is a positive change though, because I don't know about you guys but I remember my BF2 experience being a bit of a pronefest thanks somewhat to the distances involved and mostly because of the occasionally bullshit hit detection that's a characteristic of pretty much all battlefield games, at least to my knowledge. That was some boring stuff sometimes, and this was a positive step towards mitigating some of that.

I , actually, do not understand what is wrong with prone. I had nothing against it nor in BF2 nor in BF2142. If you like to prone then do it. Why not?

Of cource people use it to avoid being killed and jump and then immediatelly prone. But I had nothing against it either. I was able to kill those guys as effectively as guys who didn't prone.

Explain me please whats wrong with it?

And regarding removing prone from BC2. I do not complain about it. It, indeed makes it more difficult to hide yourself and makes game more hectic. I guess this was the intention.

Last edited:

No way to call out for medic/ammo
Hit Q while aiming at an assault teammate and it will call for ammo
Yes this is so much easier than hitting a button and calling for ammo so that they can just hear you. I want to track down a medic or support(whoops assault) guy from across the map and then aim at him with q while in a firefight.

helicopters are nerfed damage wise
The only thing helis don't annihilate are tanks, everything else gets completely destroyed by helicopters and it's not even that hard to take out a tank with a helo since if both pilots have the alternate fire perk the gunner can tracer dart the tank and the pilot gets a right click missle Sorry I should have been more specific and said the transport choppers just never seem to kill people just get lots of assists. Not wanting the early BF2 days when they dominated but the spread is very inconsistent. And I think it is rather redicoulous that you need the alternate fire perk to get a tow missile on the attack chopper. Why would anyone pick something else other than that?

Funky controls on helicopters whoops
The controls are the same as every other PC FPS and they are funky... right.
Yaw is reversed and throttle is also when using a joystick. Shouldn't have to go into an XML file to change those.

Lack of anti air beyond mounted 50 cals and lucky anti tank shots.
50 cals, tracer darts, AA guns, tank/car MGs, and snipe the pilot out of his seat
On some maps you do not have AA guns, tanks/car mg's, nor the ability to get high enough to snipe the pilot unless the helicopter comes in too low. And honestly what pilots are flying low enough to hit them with a tracer dart? I have just gotten better with the 3rd rocket unlock for engineer but that is about it.

honestly though I just liked having bigger squads and the squad unlock from 2142 so I hope the keep some of those ideas in BF3. Still having a blast just need to figure out if I want assault or medic to unlock completely next. Engineer is just too much fun though so I keep on playing that instead.

I sniped 3 pilots out of their Blackhawks in one game the other day, it was a hardcore server though so that made it easy. I have to agree though the Blackhawk miniguns are pretty much trash although annoying. One of the main problems with them is you can't see past the muzzle flashes so you basically have to mark people before you can shoot at them.

Back