• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

could an ARIA PSU take this system??

gemini8026

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 12, 2003
Messages
340
Foxconn mobo
Opteron 165 oc'd to 2.5
2 gigs pc4000 ram at 225mhz
WD 320gb 3200jb
Radeon GTO2 x800 overclocked too 515/575?!?

Im sendin my Qpack back, I dont wanna deal with it's PSU issues and it's crappy window. Im on the hunt for a new Matx case now!
 
You should be fine. I'd be most worried about the video card, and I don't think it'll overload the PSU. If you like, I can check the 12V rating on my Aria tomorrow- that'll tell you how strong (or weak) it is.

Edit:
The lazy-man's solution (read: Google) says it's 300W, and 12V/18A. IOW, 216W of pure 12V power. That should be enough to power your system, although the poster below is right- ventilation in the Aria can be a joke; my Celeron-M 1.5GHz used to overheat until I made sure there was airflow around the case as well!
 
Sure, that'd be cool. Im only runnign the one HD, so I dont think it'll guzzle too much power there. But the oc'd CPU , 2 gb's of ram, and a overclocked vid card ARE kinda heavier on resources!!!
 
my old aria wasnt oc'd but i stuck in 3 HDs, 6600GT, 1gig of ram, dvd burner, with an xp2600 and the psu was rock solid. If i were you tho, i'd really worry about the heat that your components will generate in the poorly ventilated aria. I was forced to run w/o the panels and it only dropped my cpu temp from ~60c to ~57c.
 
Well, I dont have an optical drive......

I use an external one, as I dont burn cd's or DCD's, so I have no use and the external gets used for installing the odd program , and thats it. So I could mount the HD in the optical cage, and have a HD cooler with a fan on the front and a cyclone on the rear. HEat wouldnt be too bad then!
 
NOT A CHANCE! I was having power shutdowns on with mine on an Athlon XP-M at anything above 2.5GHz and an overclocked 9800 Pro. Dual cores take at least twice as much power and then you add on a more power hungry video card and twice as much RAM (128w worth)? No freakin' way.

Look, there is a reason I modded in an aftermarket PSU. ARIA's PSU is better than your average 300watter, but not enough to run an OC'd dual core fully loaded.
 
I have an Aria running a Foxconn board X64 Sempron 3300 with 1GB DDR400, a ATA133 HD and a Radeon 9600 AGP 8X card. Also has an extra PCI USB/Firewire card in it and DVD burner.

Temps all around don't go over 41c during gaming and heavy use but most of the time the CPU is at 36c and it's on all the time.
 
Back
Top