Cost to watercool--$500 too high?

Erasmus354 said:
I fail to see how "expensive" and "hard to get" make something great. Those can be by products of something being good, but they certainly dont make something good.
guess people who want to show off that they had/have a shitload of money and blew it off on water cooling instead of phase

ryuji said:
guess people who want to show off that they had/have a shitload of money and blew it off on water cooling instead of phase
LOL.. phase is too expensive on the electricity bill ;)

I am waiting for chilled water (hint hint Cathar).

i built my water cooling the way i did because i liked how the TDX looked, and the look of 1/2 inch id tubing, additionaly it had decent performance, actualy you could argue too much performance, overloaded my dual 18 amp rail psu and killed a mobo cuz of too much power consumption on the prescott, measured 420 watts from the wall....

phase doesnt need to consume a lot of power, i had a long talk with bitchbreaker about it, you do realise that with phase you can oc to extreme speeds at stock volts, you save power from less cpu volts, you use that power for phase, more cpu mhz for about equal ammount of power, oh yea and he said that phase changers use about 80 watts

R1ckCa1n said:
You don't count! ;) You are not one to run your mouth with nothing to back it up plus was that done on water?.
Are you serious? Yes done on water, my water in my sig. I do not run phase, never will. Why do I not count?

How the hell did you get an almost 2ghz overclock on a P4 on WATER?! dang man.. thats insane.. if you actually did that.. lets get some pictures of that beast somewhere.. and a screen shot of the cpu-z on the desktop. thats insane.

nikhsub1 said:
Are you serious? Yes done on water, my water in my sig. I do not run phase, never will. Why do I not count?
Because I don't see you posting in every thread just to put down anything people find good and I find you to be a very well repected member of the watercooling community.

RaphaelVinceti said:
How the hell did you get an almost 2ghz overclock on a P4 on WATER?! dang man.. thats insane.. if you actually did that.. lets get some pictures of that beast somewhere.. and a screen shot of the cpu-z on the desktop. thats insane.
Note to AC users, this rig is NOT about quiet mmmk?

shroud3.jpg

rad1.jpg

Wire management?
pumpside.jpg

What a 10M head will do, and only 40W heat dump.
shoot3.jpg

c5.jpg

Best (so far) super pi run
superpi144840.gif

nikhsub1 said:
Note to AC users, this rig is NOT about quiet mmmk?
NO JOKE! HOLY FANS BATMAN

nikhsub1 said:
What a 10M head will do, and only 40W heat dump.
shoot3.jpg
Sorry, could resist this one! :D

BTW: Very very nice install. I like the all black look you go going on. I would imagine you typically run all those fans at below 7v's so it can't be all that loud.

R1ckCa1n said:
NO JOKE! HOLY FANS BATMAN

Sorry, could resist this one! :D

BTW: Very very nice install. I like the all black look you go going on. I would imagine you typically run all those fans at below 7v's so it can't be all that loud.
Exactly, and I do. I sometimes even turn OFF all rad fans, all other fans are Mechatronics 120mm 25dBa or 80mm panaflo L1A's at 22dba. My next build which has begun, will use quieter fans on the rad, those Aluminum Coolermaster deals that are awesome. The 'Beast III' has officially begun!

That is astonishingly impressive. What kind of pump is that?

I'm going on a limb here and assuming that I will not be using one, so who has pump suggestions? So far, the Danger Den D5 is at the top of my list, but I don't know if it's quiet. Quiet being key here.

Axman said:
That is astonishingly impressive. What kind of pump is that?

I'm going on a limb here and assuming that I will not be using one, so who has pump suggestions? So far, the Danger Den D5 is at the top of my list, but I don't know if it's quiet. Quiet being key here.
That is a 24V Iwaki RD-30.

Pic of size
rdandg53.jpg

Specs
rd30.JPG

I hear the D5 is very quiet. If silence is your MAIN objective, the 1048 would be a good choice, even for a block like the Storm it will perform OK. Another good quiet pump is the MCP350 or the Laing DDC (350 and DDC same pump). The D5 and DDC are 12v which offers easy plug and play, the 1048 is AC so a relay would be needed.

nikhsub1 said:
the 1048 is AC so a relay would be needed.
AC (Aqua Computer) has a 1046 that overclocks to a 1048, or better. I am going to give that a try in a week or so.

R1ckCa1n said:
AC (Aqua Computer) has a 1046 that overclocks to a 1048, or better. I am going to give that a try in a week or so.
When I said AC i meant 'Alternating Current' not Aqua Computer... as in it needs 110v to run.

I'm sure the process isn't called "overclocking" ;)

Since we're all here. . .fillport just before pump? Where? Doesn't matter?

nikhsub1 said:
When I said AC i meant 'Alternating Current' not Aqua Computer... as in it needs 110v to run.
Yep, just pointing out AC has one that works on DC and is adjustable. ;)

R1ckCa1n said:
Yep, just pointing out AC has one that works on DC and is adjustable. ;)

Axman said:
I'm sure the process isn't called "overclocking" ;)

The Aquastream pump uses DC (direct current) to power the Aquastream controller. However, the line between the controller and the pump has AC (alternating current) running through it. So you get 12 Vdc into the controller and 9Vac out of the controller to the pump.

The term "overclocking" isn't exactly correct, but it is a good analogy. In essence the controller can change the basic AC electrical signal by varying the cycles per second or hertz. F.I. the standard AC in the USA is 60 hertz. The Aquastream pump can change the hertz from 46 to 74 hertz going to the pump. As you increase the hertz on an alternating current motor you increase the RPM of the motor. Thus in effect you are overclocking the pump. :D

Back