• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cosmos 1000 questions

retro

Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
616
So I got a deal on one I couldn't pass up. I've heard all the jazz about it's cooling issues. My sig rig will likely be going into it sinbce the Antec 900 is just a bit too noisy. I was hoping some of ya'll would have some pointers on what can make this a good cooling rig.
 
Yeah, I have a Cosmos 1000 and was able to get a great deal on it. Its a good case lots of space and I like the look.
The cooling is an issue, I found that replacing the fans helped out alot the stock Coolermaster Fans do not push alot of air.
I ended up getting a few Yats Loons low speed fans which helped a great deal, I have also zip tied a few fans inside the case to assist in the movement of air.

Another consideration is the cooling of the hard drive area, you can actualy move the fan housing that rests on the bottom of the case into the compartment above the hard drive bays which puts my mind at ease, as the HD used to get a bit hot.

However, I am currently considering getting and additional fan housing to place a second intake fan where the fan was initialy. Also a good consideration is the use of spot cool fans, which I have not yet purchased but have been told they assist in the movement of air in the case a great deal.

When I get home I will post a few pics of my case and some temps readouts for the unit. Also check out this post I made when I initialy got the case.
 
Back
Top