Corsair800d +H100 Fan Orientation

Quak3R

Gawd
I purchased the following items since corsairs hx1000w's 24pin connector fused with my s775 motherboard, and decided it was time to upgrade. I had a 50 gift card from best buy so i said screw it and got the h100 to overclock my new 2500k coming in the mail. My question is fan orientation for the Corsair 800D: whats the most effective setup for this cooler and for 2 gtx480s, I was told to leave the h100 as an intake and mount a 140mm fan at the rear as an exhaust, and get another 2 fans for the very bottom in the psu area really want to try and push this cpu , but i really would like to try and avoid having the fan setup louder than the gtx480 fans when theyre all full speed , and we all know how loud those things get. any ideas?

I have a full custom watercooling setup but have a 2x120mm rad on top of my Corsair 600T case with fans on top pulling in cool, ambient room air through the rad and into the case (exact same setup as H100 but obviously, not the way the H100 manual tells you setup the fans) to be exhausted by the rear fan which is blowing through a 1x120mm rad cooling my CPU + RAM.

All in all, just experiment with it and find out which fan orientation help you achieve best temps.

well ive been screwing around today, managed to get 4 NB XL2 fans for 45 bucks shipped which is a steal ill do a push pull on the h100 when it gets here. Should i leave the h100 as intake the bottom as intake and 1 exhaust? can i get away with the stock 140mm fan or should i get something stronger?

Back