Corsair Xpert $391 @ Monarch

aparently they are thinking that we willing to pay 2x as much for memory that isnt even the fastest ever produced, just because it has a cheep looking LCD on it....
Mush PC3500 LV2 FOREVER! ;)

Holy shit that's expensive.

Kind of makes me proud of my 2x512 OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth PC3500 ;)

when i bought my gb of twinx 3200 it was $330. this seems like itd be cool to have, but im sure the price will drop soon if nobody buys it.

too much, no matter how many blinking lights you put on it it won't make it run faster...

*shrug* whateva

iLL1 said:
too much, no matter how many blinking lights you put on it it won't make it run faster...

*shrug* whateva

but you'll probably feel cooler

or at least a lot lighter

LuckyNumber said:
but you'll probably feel cooler

or at least a lot lighter

Yea....it feels kinda like the theory behind putting stickers on your car to add 5HP ;)

Maybe I can put stickers on my computer to add 5Mhz.... :D

I feel the same about you guys spending $220+ on your hypertastic CAS 2 ram where I spent $110 on my CAS 2.5 ram :p To each his own

Moosh said:
I feel the same about you guys spending $220+ on your hypertastic CAS 2 ram where I spent $110 on my CAS 2.5 ram :p To each his own

Hehehe... is that what people with slow 4-banger cars think when they see a Ferrari roll down the street?

(edit: I just saw your signature and noticed you own an Acura TL with Navigation and a 20" LCD... cute... a) don't get lost!!! b) you spent $600 on your 20" LCD. I spent $150 on my 21" CRT and mine _still_ looks better than yours)

Sure... it does the same thing... gets you from point A to point B. But we could afford the speed :)

And now XPERT comes along.... more expensive than our ferrari, slower, and with a lot of bling-bling........ Now I would understand if you felt that way about XPERT ram... not Mush PC3500 LVL II.

That's how I feel about ricers... $10,000+ USD spent on body kits, headlight lids, carbon fiber hoods, tail light replacements, huge-ass wing, spinners, shaved door handles, suicide doors, neons, etc....

BUT IT'S STILL A FUCKING CIVIC.

aka.
YHBT
HAND

You see the arguement against my LCD doesnt hold, because I didn't buy it because it looked better, but because I can actually use my desk for something besides having a big ass monitor. =P

one question about the ram would have to be, whats the point? most people that would buy that ram more than likely know how fast their ram is running and what the voltage is. and probably have an idea around what the temp is. lets say you do want to know what your lcd display has to say, you still have to (for a lot of us) get down and look under your desk.

on a slightly different note, the dashboard software...does that work for any ram or is it some how tied in with the xpert hardware.

"Up to three user-programmable scrolling marquee

* Up to 23 characters per marquee
* Scroll speed is adjustable "

It would be cool to program in on each seperate stick.
"I am for pr0n."
"I am for gaming."

iLL1 said:

*shrug* whateva

The lights won't make it faster but, can you say: 3penis +++

Back