Corsair VX550 for a SFF

Cold Dark Shadow

[H]F Junkie
Its like 65 bucks at buy.com. Need something inexpencive for my SFF (ultra microfly case) arent these modular?

The VX550 is not modular, you're thinking of the 520 which is modular. Can't go wrong with either, but I know little of SSF cases, and their capacity. If it takes a normal sized PSU, you will be well served with the 520 modular, if you have room for the extra non modular cables, the VX550 is one nice unit for the money, I paid around $100 recently for the same from Buy.com

Yeah thats the one i was thinkin of. The case and take a full size PSU but cable management can be a bitch, one reason i wanted to try a modular PSU

the microfly IS a bitch for cable management. i have an enermax liberty 400 in mine, and with 2 NEC drives it looks like a rats nest :eek: good luck! your gonna need it :D

I know, i had a CM Xtreme 650 in there but only one media drive so the second bay worked out nice for hiding the cables. But have since moved everything to a CMStacker and now goin to move it all back minus the PSU cause im goin to rebuild the Stacker.

I put a VX550 in a Antec 900. Kind of regret not going modular since there's no cable management (or very little) in the case and I wasn't up to dremeling.

Back