corsair tx 850 noise

vietkangta

Limp Gawd
Hi, for some reason my corsair tx 850 fan noise is very loud, i compared it to my friend's corsair hx 620 and his is near dead silent.

Is there something wrong with my power supply? Whether i am idling or playing a game the sound coming from it is the same. I know it should ramp up when im playing a game but it basically sounds the same.

is there a way to lower the noise level?

its running a in a cm 690 with 4 other case fans with 1 video card. I know its not the case fan or cpu fan because i've ran the 4 case fan on off and the cpu fan on low.

Last edited:
What kind of noise is it making? Is it a fan noise, or is it a kind of high-pitched whining? If it's the fan, then it's possible that the fan controller in the PSU is not working correctly, or you're running the PSU at a high enough load that it has to spin up the fan faster (unlikely since you're only running one video card). If it's a high-pitched buzzing, then it's probably some sort of feedback from the system which is causing audible noise, and there isn't much you can do about that aside from RMAing the PSU and hoping that you get another one back that doesn't have the same problem.

Nah its just the fan, not any high pitch whine. Just sounds like the fan is running at max speed at all time.

It puzzles me because i even turned off all my apps to let the computer run without any load and it sounds exactly the same as when im running several apps and playing GTA4.

Heck, my old computer's psu was much quieter.

Nah its just the fan, not any high pitch whine. Just sounds like the fan is running at max speed at all time.

It puzzles me because i even turned off all my apps to let the computer run without any load and it sounds exactly the same as when im running several apps and playing GTA4.

Heck, my old computer's psu was much quieter.

It's possible the fan controller is dead, I recommend an RMA. The TX850 is normally pretty quiet under low loads.

It's possible the fan controller is dead, I recommend an RMA. The TX850 is normally pretty quiet under low loads.

Mine's pretty quiet. I'd also recommend an RMA if it's abnormally loud. Awesome power supply though.

that was the fastest turnaround i ever received.

I sent i only the psu and they sent me a brand new retail kit.

Sound much quieter now too, but if i right next to the psu there is a low whining sound.

yeah the corsair guys are great. total badasses. they also make ok computer parts. :)

Back