Corsair SF450 enough for EVGA 1080ti FTW3 in miniITX build?

Neon01

[H]ard|Gawd
Title, pretty much. This will be a secondary gaming box and I don't plan on having a lot of peripherals run off it or anything. Here are the components:

ASRock Z390M ITX
i5-9400F (likely will try to lock all cores to 3.9Ghz)
480GB SSD
8TB HDD
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 (probably overclocked a modest amount)

I figure 450W PSU is probably cutting it a little close, but I'd like to go with something in a SFX form factor to keep the space under the GPU clear. Also don't want to break the bank.

Other option I'm considering is a smaller ATX PSU like a Silverstone ST55F-GS (550w), which is 140mm long. The case will accomodate up to 160mm long PSUs, but as I said, I'd like it smaller if possible.

Advice welcome. Thanks.

I have a i5-8400 and a 1080ti founders in my sff, with a 450w. I don't have issues most of the time, but it does stutter when I play more GPU heavy games.

Thanks for the input. I decided to go in another direction with a Seasonic Focus SGX-650 (650w). Thought the 450 would probably cut it but might be close, and the Seasonic appears to strike a nice middle ground in size at STX-L proportions, meaning a bigger (and quieter) fan. Had read some complaints about the loudness of the smaller 85mm fans on the STX PSUs, so this should work nicely.

Back