Corsair releases SSD firmware with TRIM support

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=17187

Corsair gets its TRIM on

When it comes to the growing solid state drive (SSD) market, support from TRIM appears to be one of the features most requested by enthusiasts. TRIM support allows SSDs to stay close to their "factory fresh" performance state even after days or months of vigorous reads/writes.

Intel released a TRIM update for its X25-M G2 SSDs only to have to take it down due to corruption issues. After a month on the sidelines, Intel got back in the game with a more hardened firmware update.

Now, it's Corsair's turn to jump on the TRIM bandwagon. The company just announced that its latest firmware update (revision VBM19C1Q) adds TRIM support of its Performance Series P64, P128 and P256 SSDs in Windows 7. Corsair notes that it worked with Samsung and select end-users to strenuously test a beta version of the firmware before providing a final version to regular customers.

In fact, Corsair even takes a few jabs at Intel's botched firmware updates in its press release. "This new firmware release for Corsair's Performance Series SSDs adds support for the TRIM performance-maintenance command in Microsoft Windows 7, further enhancing what are already some of the fastest and most respected SSDs on the market," said Jim Carlton, Corsair's VP of Marketing. "While other SSD manufacturers have rushed out bug-ridden firmware and update tools, sometimes with disastrous consequences for end-users, Corsair refused to jump on the bandwagon. We took the time to rigorously test and qualify our tools, ensuring that our users will have the best experience possible."

Owners of Corsair's Performance SSDs can download the newest firmware from the Corsair Support Forum.

Be warned that the flashing process will erase all data on the drive.

awesome, i just happen to have a fresh p64 sitting right here. was waiting to see if this happened before i tossed it in my comp.

i have an older OCZ solid series right now.. it mmakes me cry when i use my pc.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

excellent
assuming this works
i see price drops in the future
as intel finally has some competition

Back