• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair PSU cables - Interchangeable?

delita

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
1,903
Had a question I was curious about regarding modular PSU cables. I currently have an AX850 in my system and I am contemplating upgrading to SLI 780's in the very near future which is going to most likely require me to get a bigger PSU. I am considering getting the AX1200i and I wanted to know if the cables were interchangeable between the Corsair PSUs. Main reason is because I spent a lot of time with cable management getting them tied down and I'd really just like to swap out the PSU and plug the same cables back in and then add the new ones I'll need for an additional video card. Will this work?
 
Unless you're dealing with a heavily overclocked 1st gen i7 / AMD FX chip, you probably don't need to change PSU.

This shows a full load draw of 590 watts at the wall, and when you factor in PSU efficiency, will mean that the system draws even less than that.

1375726087z1HVERqYrr_9_1.gif


Please list down your system specs first I guess.
 
msi mpower mobo, i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz, corsair h100i, 16gb ddr3 1866, 2x samsung 240gb ssds, currently 1 7970 vapor-x 6gb but like i said looking to upgrade to 2 780s, you think 850w will be enough?
 
Back
Top