• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The fellas at Neoseeker have just published a review of the Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD today. The 256GB SSD was tested against drives from Patriot, Seagate as well as other Corsair drives for good measure. Here's a quote:

The Corsair Performance Pro opts to use a Marvell controller as opposed to the more popular and widespread SandForce solutions, but can it serve as a counter weight to the SF-based SSDs, or does it just end up as dead weight? We pit the 256GB Performance Pro against similar drives to see where it stands.
 
There's a major fail in their file copy test: the file sizes they use were less than the PC's RAM so could be wholly contained in RAM. They need to try a file of significant size, like 100 GB.
 
After using the Performance 3 and having it randomly lock up after a few months of use, then finding out its a widespread issue with no firmware fixes I can honestly say I will never trust Marvell based SSD again.

Fortunately, Corsair has awesome support and gave me an option of 2 different Sandforce based SSDs as a replacement when I told them I wouldn't accept another P3 as a replacement.
 
At this point, I'm only about Intel SSDs. I know I'm giving up speed, but their reliability is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the industry (from what I have researched).
 
There's a major fail in their file copy test: the file sizes they use were less than the PC's RAM so could be wholly contained in RAM. They need to try a file of significant size, like 100 GB.

no. they only need to do double the ram.
 
Back
Top