Corsair Obsidian 250D

http://www.corsair.com/us/250d
Unboxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExpYiQJLrDE&noredirect=1

Obsidian Series 250D Specifications

Expansion Room
Two expansion slots and 290mm of internal clearance allow the use of any current stock graphics card.
Supports all modern ATX power supplies, with 200mm of PSU clearance
Two tool-free 3.5”/2.5” combo bays
Two tool-free 2.5” only bays
Full-size 5.25” drive bay
Two front mounted USB 3.0 ports for easy peripheral or external storage device connection.

Cooling Flexibility
Two high-airflow fans are included (1x AF140L and one 1x AF120L) for excellent airflow and low noise levels.
Room for up to 5 fans
Radiator compatibility:
Front – 120mm or 140mm
Side – 120mm/240mm

Storage Layout Options
Modular toolless drive caddies can be accessed from the rear of the case.
A pair of 3.5”/2.5” drives and two 2.5” only drives can be simultaneously mounted.
Full-size 5.25” optical drive bay.

Builder Friendly Features
Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots.
Tool-free 3.5”, 2.5”, and 5.25” drive bays.
Easily accessible (and removable) front, side, and PSU dust filters.
Excellent cable routing with multiple tie-down points for improved airflow and cleaner, neater builds.
Two USB 3.0 ports and headphone/mic jacks in the front panel for easy access.

Dimensions and Weight

Height x Width x Depth
11.4 x 10.9 x 13.81 inches
290mm x 277mm x 351.2mm

Weight
4.42 kg
9.7 lbs

The Obsidian Series 250D is priced for around 89.99USD

Last edited:
Decent price but that thing is awfully big for a mini-itx. And the cube like proportions make it awkward.

I am disappointed. Was hoping for something sleeker, but it does make sense that Corsair is trying to maintain their cases reputed ease of build. It's almost never easy to build a small PC with standard sized components (PSU, Hard Drive, etc.).

It might be the new Prodigy:
- very accessible for "new to SFF" people with ATX PSU, 3,5" and large GPU support
- classy design
- good price

I like the layout, I see myself wanting one of these as a test case or "friends & family" go-to case.

Someone with skills needs to take this thing and do a new take on the companion cube. Maybe a more metallic and distressed version.

Sure, this case is "huge", but fitting a full length GPU, 240 radiator and ATX PSU simply takes volume. And unless you want a case that is a jigsaw puzzle juggling act to fit all the parts in, you've got to keep it pretty open and generic, which leads to the overall design being a little bit bigger than it possibly could be.

I like it as an alternative to the Prodigy which seemed to be a pretty popular case so I think Corsair is onto something with this. The SFF purists seem to hate it but this seems like the next logical step for Corsair and possibly lead to more ITX options from Corsair.

I like the look of it. I would need to see one in personal though. Size isn't too bad if all it does is sit on your desk. Its smaller than my current V354 but the 354 is matx as opposed to this Corsair itx case.

Not a fan of it. This case actually looks to waste more space than the Prodigy. The Prodigy can fit three rads (140mm, 240mm, 200mm), while this can fit only a 240mm radiator. It seems to be able to fit larger PSUs and it might be able to fit more HDDs when a large GPU is installed. There's no front intake though.

Corsair have always had a thing for big cases, despite the tiny hardware within.

Watching some videos it can fit an h100 on the side perfectly however it might not be able to fit their newly announced h105 because of the thicker radiator. Would have been cool if they could have made it fit a h110 but keeping its current dimensions

Back