Corsair M60 and K60, mini review

So, My wife and I gave each other keyboards and mice for Valentines day! How cool is that?
2012-02-13_22-03-54_684-1.jpg

All setup:
2012-02-14_06-39-01_16-1.jpg

My first impressions were very good:
k60 - Very sturdy and solid feel. OMG, the keys are smooth as butter! Just the perfect amount of pressure needed to press down. Key noise is not bad at all.

I really like the textured WSAD & 1-6 keycaps. They have a a really nice feel to them, but at the same time, they are not awkward to type on when not gaming also. Swapping the keys is easy. the wrist rest is comfortable as well.

2012-02-14_06-40-18_819-1.jpg

2012-02-14_06-41-32_996-1.jpg

M60-

2012-02-14_06-38-15_448-1.jpg

The M60 is wonderful! I was a bit skeptical about "liking" this mouse. As a former fan of the mx518, and G500 mice, I was concerned about not liking the size and feel. Despite my preconceived notions, I really like it; fits like a glove. It did not take me anytime to get used to operation

I have not messed with the removable weights yet, as I felt the mouse was good to go out of the box.

That's all for now. I plan on gaming later on today to further enjoy my new present. If any one has any questions, just ask.

since my ancient and beloved G5 is dying even now.. (scroll wheel is going)

this is relevant to my interests ... so the M60 is similar sized to the G5 /G500 ??

since my ancient and beloved G5 is dying even now.. (scroll wheel is going)

this is relevant to my interests ... so the M60 is similar sized to the G5 /G500 ??
The m60 is a bit smaller than the G500 in length and height. It's almost identical in width.
2012-02-14_19-35-52_831.jpg

2012-02-14_19-36-12_524.jpg

kewl nice thanx for the pics

now just trying to decide between the R.A.T 7 and the M60

decisions decisions...

I bought the rat 7 and the m60, coming from a g5 to g500....

The rat is on its way back! I absolutely love my m60, as the op said it fits like a glove. It glides even better.

The rat is on its way back! I absolutely love my m60, as the op said it fits like a glove. It glides even better.
I really does!

After a day of gaming on Valentines day (Yes, my wife was cool with that), I also want to say a few words about the M60's ability to change resolution on the fly.

My 3 mice that I owned before the M60 were Logitech mX518, and G500, and also I had a Razor Copperhead for a while... Corsair really put in a lot of effort to put the buttons in the exact right place, making it much easier to change the resolution while in an intense game. Before I always felt awkward, fumbling to 'click down' to make a sniper shot, and would often die before I could zoom in with a sniper rifle, and zero in on my target. Then of course, if I was lucky enough to get the kill, I had to take the resolution back up afterwards... I don't know how many times I have been killed doing this....

Now the greatest thing about the m60 is that awesome red sniper button on the side. Perfect location... Press it down; 100 d.p.i; BOOM HEAD-SHOT!!!, let go, and back to at a speedy 5700 dpi. So freaking awesome!!:D

This mouse rocks!!

edit: and yes all of the resolutions are customizable in software.. if 100 is too low for you you can set it to what ever you want.

Last edited:
I do have to say that the software is a tiny bit buggy. Case in point when I first got the mouse I set my dpi settings, scanned the surface quality of my mousepad (maxed out btw c4ngen pad), and adjusted the liftoff point. All of a sudden the pointer was skipping around and the buttons did not work.

I went to corsairs forums and this is a known glitch and a simple reflash of the current mouse firmware fixes it. They also stated a permanent solution is in the works now. It took me about 5 minutes to do this so I can overlook that entirely because the rest of the qualities are all positives!

One thing I forgot to mention earlier was the fact that the scroll wheel has a very positive feel. It gives enough resistance so you dont overscroll (during weapon selection) but is smooth enough for fast action.

As Negative Decibel has said the buttons just fit right under your fingers. I know this can change depending on how you grip your mouse but for my palm style grip I am never straining for buttons.

Also ND, if you bought them from newegg between 2/2 and 2/8 there is a 15 dollar MIR on the M60, probly good from other retailers too.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier was the fact that the scroll wheel has a very positive feel. It gives enough resistance so you dont overscroll (during weapon selection) but is smooth enough for fast action.

As Negative Decibel has said the buttons just fit right under your fingers. I know this can change depending on how you grip your mouse but for my palm style grip I am never straining for buttons.

Also ND, if you bought them from newegg between 2/2 and 2/8 there is a 15 dollar MIR on the M60, probly good from other retailers too.

ahh yes, I printed out the rebate form right after I ordered. Been too busy playing with my new toys to send it in. Thanks for the reminder!!:cool:

I got the M60 mouse a few days ago since the laser of my RAT7 stopped working totally and therefore I had to replace it. I was quite dissapointed from the performance of the RAT7 that lasted only 1 year and 2 months. It's quality of build material and the feel of the mouse were great, though.

About the M60 mouse: Corsair has done a great job with an excellent build quality, the mouse feels great and the laser is much better than the so-called uber dual laser of the RAT7. The M60 feels quite light compared to any other mouse I have owned before and is slightly small, if you have a big hand you may find this mouse too small for you, for me it was just fine. Very satisfied from it, no dissapointing initial comments.

I was able to try out the corsair keyboard in-store and noticed that it does not have tactile bumps and clicks. It is quite similar to cherry mx blacks.

alright thanx to my Grandma sending me a gift card for Walmart (?????... lol.. i have been to walmart a grand total of 3 times in my entire life...and that was 2 times too many :) )

I ordered a M60 from walmart

basically the choice was made cause i could finally use the damn gift card and get the m60 for like $9 + the giftcard

the R.A.T. 7 was much more expensive then Amazon on walmart's site.

so hopefully I like it mine should be here i guess by teh 24 according to walmart...

holy **** walmart may well be evil...but they are also damn fast ordered mouse yesterday 2PM mouse was sitting on my porch today when i got home.. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

need a little while to get use to it... glides nicely... not entirely sure I'm in love with it (yet ...at least however...)

hmmm... well it takes me a while to warm up to things frequently we'll see... ha jokes on me didn't realize the m60 didn't have a tilt scroll wheel.. gah.. that is actually why i was changing my g5 (tilt wheel was going out on left tilt...HAHAHAHAHA...well F*** me

Last edited:
Cosair m60 and k60 .....these two peripherals have everything an FPS fan would want from its hardware, including a dedicated sniper button in the M60 mouse.

But this is just one of the features of Corsair’s Vengeance mouse as this also includes an Avago 5670 DPI sensor, adjustable center of gravity, custom lift detection and a high-mass scroll wheel.

On the K60 keyboard, things are just as advanced with Cherry MX Red interchangeable keys for rapid fire, 20-key rollover, windows key lock, a contoured left-wrist rest as well as support for a 1ms report rate.
Also read this-

http://p-hardwareblog.blogspot.in/2012/02/review-corsair-vengeance-m60.html

holy **** walmart may well be evil...but they are also damn fast ordered mouse yesterday 2PM mouse was sitting on my porch today when i got home.. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

need a little while to get use to it... glides nicely... not entirely sure I'm in love with it (yet ...at least however...)

hmmm... well it takes me a while to warm up to things frequently we'll see... ha jokes on me didn't realize the m60 didn't have a tilt scroll wheel.. gah.. that is actually why i was changing my g5 (tilt wheel was going out on left tilt...HAHAHAHAHA...well F*** me

I came from using the G5 > G500 > M60 and I was a big fan of the tilt scroll wheel. Not many mice have it now adays and I have learned to live without it on the M60. I had it set up so that the tilt wheel was forward/back in my browser but that is how the left buttons are stock on the M60.

Does the rubber feel cheap? Or is it dense? Are there replacements available? I'm just thinking about what would happen if you rub the rubber right off.

Does the rubber feel cheap? Or is it dense? Are there replacements available? I'm just thinking about what would happen if you rub the rubber right off.

Off of what? The scroll wheel? Definately not cheap, on the heavy side.

what rubber?? I can say this; nothing feels cheap with this mouse.

Does the scroll wheel seem sorta loose or rattle like to anyone else? This is my 2nd one, returned the first because the side key got stuck when pressed in, wondering if this loose wheel is normal? If I scroll fast it is also sorta on the loud side....

Oh well, I took an extra year out on the warranty, it doesn't seem to be affecting my gaming at all so I guess I will see how it goes. Thanks for the response.

Does the scroll wheel seem sorta loose or rattle like to anyone else? This is my 2nd one, returned the first because the side key got stuck when pressed in, wondering if this loose wheel is normal? If I scroll fast it is also sorta on the loud side....
Mine does not seem loose or rattle at all either. I would not say that mine is loud, but I can hear it in a quiet room IF I am scrolling ridiculously fast...

I'm still loving it!

Could someone tell me the lenth of the mouse? Im currently using the cm storm spawn and while its a great mouse, its a little too small and comes in a little over 4" long.

its about 4.5inches.

I just got mine today on sale for $50 but getting used to the feel after using an mx518 for 7yrs lol. great build quality though, and although seems similar in size to the mx518 (smaller in some areas?) it feels bigger, think its where the hump is located. Almost feels like this mouse doesnt like the "claw" grip. Its quality makes me want to love it though, so hope it feels better tomorrow, only used it about 1hr.

Is it a good palm grip mouse? I am in the market for one. For reference I don't like the Logitech g9 that I have at the moment, but really liked the mx518 until it broke

i think i read that the mouse is more catered towards the claw-type user, but i could be wrong.

I would consider it to lean torwards the palm grip, but can be claw grip'ed too. I picked up a g9x today to use them both side by side. I tend to like the dimensions of the g9x a bit more than the m60 since I have been using the mx518 so long, but the build quality EASILY goes the way of the m60. The g9x feels cheap in my hand compared to the m60. g9x has a few more functions I like though but dont use enough like the extra dpi settings on the fly, and being able to upload a profile to the mouse. Both which I dont need since the m60 has 3 dpi on the fly settings, and while I cant upload a profile to the mouse, with the driver it allows for me to save them on the pc.

Im going to use both a week before returning the one I like least.

I was a LOOOOOONG time G5 (ver 1 silver one side button one) user got it right after it came to market.

recently my G5 started showing it's age and needed replaced.

I bouught a M60 a few weeks ago.... If i'm honest i can not get use to it it feels weird with the tall hump in back ... last night the m60 came within seconds of being smashed to pieces as it once again was devastating my KDR in CS:S Advanced Gun Game. It has been many years since i was so close to taking a hammer to a peripheral.

If you are coming from a G5 /MX518 or other similar logitech I personally strongly recommend buying local (with good return policy) or trying a friends M60 before getting one.

I'm about 90% sure this thing ain't for me... I'm trying to bear with it a bit longer to see if i just need to get use to it..but I am thinking it will be back to teh drawing board for me.

hmmm contrasting opinions about this mouse :) I suppose it will be this way about every mouse. In the last two years I have purchased a few different brands of mouse, but none have impressed me at all and I now I am sorta afraid to buy another. I really like the look of the M60 though and am giving it serious consideration.

Back