CORSAIR Launches DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition DDR4 Memory

HardOCP News

[H] News
CORSAIR®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the immediate availability of its new DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition DDR4 memory. Adding a new level of refinement and distinction to the long-standing CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM legacy, DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition is available in two exclusive new styles, mirror finish Chrome and brushed aluminum Blackout. Precision crafted in strictly limited quantities of 500 kits each of 32GB (4x8GB or 2x16GB) 3,200MHz DDR4, DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition also boasts improved integrated lighting via an illuminated light-pipe, patented DHX cooling technology and full XMP certification for one-touch overclocking.

Designed and crafted to meticulous standards, DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition is CORSAIR’s most elite memory ever, combining the classic and iconic DOMINATOR PLATINUM design with two new stunning finishes. DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition Chrome’s ultra-reflective chrome surface starts with anodized aluminum that is precision polished to a mirror finish and trimmed with sandblasted matte edging for an unprecedented display of beauty and power. In contrast, the ultra-sleek DOMINATOR PLATINUM Special Edition Blackout is engineered from black anodized aluminum, finished with polished black edging, and hand sorted to maintain a flawless finish. Each kit is individually numbered using high precision laser engraving, guaranteeing exclusivity.

bling-bling.jpg

I can almost understand color selected PSU cables, SATA cables and such on a windowed case. Okay, it can look sleek and neat.

But memory? It plugs in perpendicular to the window, and you will only see the top anyway, right? Nobody will see the blingy chome finish, at least not most of it.

I can almost understand color selected PSU cables, SATA cables and such on a windowed case. Okay, it can look sleek and neat.

But memory? It plugs in perpendicular to the window, and you will only see the top anyway, right? Nobody will see the blingy chome finish, at least not most of it.
This is really for people who use an LCD panel instead of a window and put a camera on a track that so that you can catch your pretty hardware from various angles. I'd be all over this if they used real Platinum and perhaps had the LEDs going through diamonds. Also, I don't think 500 is limited. How about 50 (1 per state). I'd pay 5 grand to have exclusive TX rights to the RAM.

pretty sure all ive bought for the last 5+ years for 100's of computers was the LP (low profile) stuff and it always over clocks fine, alot cheaper and doesnt interfere with heatsinks

Certainly blingy and shiny enough.

edit - what are those 3 standoff type screws in the picture? They're not standoffs like I've ever seen before... what you have a nut to tighten down on top of your mobo? Hmmm.

Wow talk about ridiculous memory XD. I just buy the cheapest one there is that can overclock decently but I guess we are on HardOCP...

I had to go look up memory prices, since I haven't looked in a couple years. That shit is double the price, for some lights and chrome/brushed aluminium. I like the brushed aluminium, but not for that price. I'm good with the normal Corsair Vengeance.

Back