Corsair Individual Sleeved Modular PSU Cables - Now Available

nice! Are they a nylon-type material or more like textile material (like the bitfenix cables) to the touch?

I have some Bitfenix cables as well and I kind of like them better. The corsair have a plastic feel to them.

My red AX850 kit arrived yesterday from Corsair, packaged expertly with a mesh insert for the 650D, both cables and insert are very high quality. I held off buying the cables until I compared photographs of both the AX850 and the new Seasonic 1000watt platinum psu. They both take the exact same cables so with a bit of reasonable extrapolation this means if Corsair’s new platinum psus are based on the Seasonic 860w and 1000w designs then I can use these cables now on my AX850 and later on the Corsair platinum 1000w, Yippee!;) I got them in red for an Ivy Bridge build in April, Intel 3770K processor and Asus Maximus 5, the ROG boards are black and red, and also Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz kit in red. Getting excited since in March the new Z77 boards should be announced. The Corsair mesh panel for the 650D really adds a great deal of weight to the 650D side panel, a good weight, feels very nice, it is much larger than the 600T mesh panel, and even looks amazing without any fans attached, cold to the touch means a large volume of air is moving thru it into the chassis, just another wonderful product from Corsair, now if we could only get the USB 3.0 mobo headers.

corsair-ax850_module.jpg

The Corsair AX850

seasonic-platinum-1000w-psu_connectors.jpg

The Seasonic Platinum 1000w

Last edited:
What other color would the ROG boards be :D

I have the Maximus IV Extreme-Z w/ red vengeance in a NZXT Switch 810 white case w/ red primochill tubing ;)

img1047lu.jpg

That pic was taken before I hid the cables and such and also has the black corsair sleeved cables.

But will soon have a EK 240 radiator and bigger res.

fantomau, I hear ya brother, that build rocks! I might pick up another 2sticks of red vengeance to complete the look. I was thinking about the black Corsair cables but I have so much black already in the 650D chassis and the red is so outrageous!;) Gonna look so epic with the Maximus Extreme Z77.

psu-cab-12_2.jpg

psu-cab-12.jpg

Last edited:
very cool

too bad you can't get them by the cable for those who doesn't need the whole set

Last edited:
That pic was taken before I hid the cables and such and also has the black corsair sleeved cables.

But will soon have a EK 240 radiator and bigger res.

Great looking case! My 810 is getting there. May i ask what you used to paint the psu? Or is it vinyl? Trying to do some finishing touches in white and this was on my list as well as painting the gpu white.

Are there any other companies that sell indiv. sleeved cables that plug directly into the PSU? Corsair is the only company i could find. I'm running NZXT extensions right now and it'd be nice if the wires coming out of the psu were white too. Not for 90 bucks though. (No i can't sleeve my own cables)

Are there any other companies that sell indiv. sleeved cables that plug directly into the PSU? Corsair is the only company i could find. I'm running NZXT extensions right now and it'd be nice if the wires coming out of the psu were white too. Not for 90 bucks though. (No i can't sleeve my own cables)

Yup the cost is high, but in my humble, well worth it. You can send your Corsair cables to different companies that do Re-sleeving individually, they offer many more color combinations, but the prices are even higher than Corsairs, plus shipping both ways which you pay. In this thread there are some quotes, some are $60 to $80 just for the 24-pin and over $200 for a set.

...the other alternative is to wait a bit as the Corsair kits will soon begin selling at Newegg and Amazon and may be a little cheaper!;)

Also if you are looking for white, there is a great YouTube video showing the white and blue up close, just go to YouTube and search "Corsair Cables" the video is by Tiny Tom Logan a british chap.

...the other alternative is to wait a bit as the Corsair kits will soon begin selling at Newegg and Amazon and may be a little cheaper!;)

I only seen them on 1 other site and it is the same price as Corsair site.... hopefully they pop up on another site for cheaper

Look at the website moddiy and their psu cable section.(not sure if I can link. First post lol) It has individual corsair cables as well as Seasonic X. Cool patterns, no shrink and no colour choice.
I can't seem to find sleeved sata and molex though. They are about the same price as the corsair ones maybe a bit more yet you can pick and choose.

I don't really see why people are getting uptight about the corsair ones not being sold individually.
You would probably only save like $20 anyway and don't have the convenience of extra cables on hand if you upgrade to sli or something.

I also haven't ever seen these cables in a build and have heard zero feedback on the quality.
However, they look nice.

Look at the website moddiy and their psu cable section.(not sure if I can link. First post lol) It has individual corsair cables as well as Seasonic X. Cool patterns, no shrink and no colour choice.
I can't seem to find sleeved sata and molex though. They are about the same price as the corsair ones maybe a bit more yet you can pick and choose.

I don't really see why people are getting uptight about the corsair ones not being sold individually.
You would probably only save like $20 anyway and don't have the convenience of extra cables on hand if you upgrade to sli or something.

I also haven't ever seen these cables in a build and have heard zero feedback on the quality.
However, they look nice.

Thanks, for the info. Took a look at the site and I actually like the ones offered there since they have the no shrink option and I can pick and choose lengths and cables. Some nice color combos too.

They sent me my AX850 but no cables yet :/

I'll post pics on the quality when they arrive. Since I've seen some varied results I think we need some more examples.

I was a little disappointed I missed the moddiy cables when I bought my corsair modular ones but they could go well together as some nice 'feature' cables on the pci or 24pin.

Corsair compared to and NZXT extension. A LOT thinner. Single weave on the corsair as well.
I actually don't mind the less chunky look. The NZXT one is better quality though.
6958387879_803b759218_b.jpg

before...
6958387681_8d9544bb47_b.jpg

...after
6809354620_dd84017823_b.jpg

Actually quite pleased with these corsair cables.

Last edited:
If only those heatshrinks were smaller... :D finally was able to get my mdpc order through so I wont be getting these

Hello!

Anyone can confirm that they use the Corsair AX850 cable kit with the Seasonic Platinum 860 without problem?

Thanks,

LJ

Wow, wish I'd known about this last week. No biggie though, used black NZXT extensions, it came out decent. Might have been tempted to go blue or white.

BTW, today is the last day to get these corsair cables @30% discount. Normally $99, can now get a set for a AX650/750/850 for $73 shipped.

wow those look way better in red than i thought they would for sure. knew i should have bought them last week they were only 69.99 for the 1200 this week 99

I plan on a AX1200i PSU purchase, and plan on getting red Corsair PSU cables when they are released. Note it has been confirmed the regular AX1200 cables will not fit and Corsair has plans to come out with a set of AX1200i specific PSU cables. Also, if you ever have to RMA the PSU, you don't have to rip the cables out of your build, with this extra set, you can just RMA it back with the original set.

The only reason I might not get them is that they don't seem to be the best braided cables around... Mmmm... And I might not even have a case window. Definitely eyeing the AX1200i however :)

And then there is the cost... Perhaps I'll do it myself sometime. Get something custom.

I just started sleeving my AX850, got too excited, and pulled out all the wires in one go. Does anyone one of the pre-sleeved EPS cables that could tell me the wire ordering? (ex. All wires match clip-side on both ends)

Yeah but thats because the once you go over ax850 the PSU's are made by CWT not Seasonic hence why you cant change cables between those two PSU's..

The AX750 and X750 are both made by Seasonic. I was just wondering if the cables are also interchangeable.

Somebody asked in the Corsair forum if the Corsair sleeved cables for AX850/750/650 are compatible with Seasonic Platinum 860W, I replied to the thread, but Corsair deleted my post.

I purchased the Seasonic Platinum 860W PSU and the Corsair Sleeved Cables for the AX650/750/850. I installed and found the 20+4pin power cable is compatible. One of the 4+4pin power cable is compatible. The PCI-E power cables are compatible.

One of the 4+4pin power cable is not compatible. The SATA power cables are not compatible. The Molex power cables are not compatible. The square and cornered pin positions are correct, but the Corsair cornered pins are facing up and Seasonic cornered pins are facing down. In order to make it work, you have to extract the cables off the Corsair and put them into the Seasonic plugs.

Last edited:
Corsair is having a sale on these through today. They are the cheapest I have seen. I got a set of the AX1200 cables for $53.99 shipped after using the 10cable coupon. Just thought I would join the forum and post for people who were thinking about these.

Can anyone confirm that the HX series cables work with the HX1000? It is not listed as compatible on the site but I do know the psu is discontinued. I seen a corsair rep say they use the same cables But I have been told different by another corsair rep + performancepcs.com where I bought the kit. I guess the only thing I can really do is wait until I get them either tomorrow or Weds and see if they work. Hopefully they will refund me if I open them up.

The HX series, within the exception of the HX520/620 and the 650, are all CWT made and all use the same cables.

Thank you johnny. I am how ever a bit surprised that Ram Guy on corsair forums is stating they do not use the same cables. He is listed as their product guru. Well I will see on Wednesday for sure. Hopefully I will have myself a full set of single sleeved cables. =D Been wanting to get some for the longest time now.

Back