Corsair Individual Sleeved Modular PSU Cables - Now Available

Sorry the pic, just took a quick snap. Need to clean out some dust and re-arrange a few more wires:

Should I move the PCI express wires to the back?? The only problem with braided wires is you cant stuff them as well as the normal wires.

How are these, in terms of quality, compared to the Bitfenix sleeved extensions? The default cable that came with my AX 850 are very rigid and inflexible =(

Umm these are pretty hard to flex as well. Here is an updated pic on some work I did last night:

photowtn.jpg

The ones for the ax1200 are just as rigid and hard to flex too but still look better than alot of PSU cables.

I just cant justify spending $99 for these. Wish they sold them individually, so you could buy only those that you use, Would be soo much better.

Thx for the pics & info AthlonXP! I'm also trying to decide on which is better for myself, so I did a quick total of all the cables I would need compared to the Bitfenix Cable Extensions vs the total Corsair package of $89.99. Gotta say the corsair package is looking like a good total deal.

Bitfenix cables @ frozenCPU
24 Pin =========> x1 ....$11.99 = $11.99
8 Pin EPS ========> x1....$7.99 = $7.99
4 Pin PWM Y ======> x1.....$8.99 = $8.99
Power SATA ======> x3.....$7.99 = $23.97
Data SATA ======> x3.....$8.99 = $26.97
8 Pin PCIE ======> x2.....$8.99 = $17.98
6 Pin PCIE ======> x2.....$8.99 = $17.98
Total: $115.87

I suppose I could trim the fat and just go with the essential cables, like 2x 8pin PCIE, 2x 6pin PCIE, 1x24pin, 1x 8 Pin and make do for a total of $55.94.

I hope corsair decide to sell the cables separately too, but I also hope they dont decide to jack up the prices so much because they decide to sell them apart from the bundle :\

Which cables do you think would be best suited/needed for this?

(EDIT: pics below show with the 570's which i no longer have, waiting on 7970's or other, but more or less the same)

Last edited:
Thx for the pics & info AthlonXP! I'm also trying to decide on which is better for myself, so I did a quick total of all the cables I would need compared to the Bitfenix Cable Extensions vs the total Corsair package of $89.99. Gotta say the corsair package is looking like a good total deal.

Bitfenix cables @ frozenCPU
24 Pin =========> x1 ....$11.99 = $11.99
8 Pin EPS ========> x1....$7.99 = $7.99
4 Pin PWM Y ======> x1.....$8.99 = $8.99
Power SATA ======> x3.....$7.99 = $23.97
Data SATA ======> x3.....$8.99 = $26.97
8 Pin PCIE ======> x2.....$8.99 = $17.98
6 Pin PCIE ======> x2.....$8.99 = $17.98
Total: $115.87

I suppose I could trim the fat and just go with the essential cables, like 2x 8pin PCIE, 2x 6pin PCIE, 1x24pin, 1x 8 Pin and make do for a total of $55.94.

I hope corsair decide to sell the cables separately too, but I also hope they dont decide to jack up the prices so much because they decide to sell them apart from the bundle :\

Which cables do you think would be best suited/needed for this?

(EDIT: pics below show with the 570's which i no longer have, waiting on 7970's or other, but more or less the same)

The Bitfenix cables are alittle cheaper at performance-pcs.

So around 110 including taxes. What do you think? Corsair cables or Bitfenix extensions?

So is the EPS 8pin cable long enough to be useful in any of the larger cases? Pisses me off that the cable that came with my AX750 isn't long enough to go behind the mobo and still reach the mobo header.

I would bet the Corsair quality and materials are better than the Bitfeinix.
I bought a 24 pin extension from Performance-PCs and the sleeving material was pathetic.
I bought white and you could see the print on the wires right through the sleeve.

I prefer to make my own, using MDPC-X sleeving.:D

love the cables but a bit of sticker shock 90 bucks ouch
at 50 bucks id buy them no question i have hard time spending 90

love the cables but a bit of sticker shock 90 bucks ouch
at 50 bucks id buy them no question i have hard time spending 90

me too, thats whats held me up from even considering them.

and the corsair link they have, WOW, $99 and $139 :eek:

I think it would be really cool if you could just pick and choose what you could buy from Corsair, rather than the whole set.

I mean what actually shows in the case?
24pin, 8 pin, and the PCI-e GPU cables.

The SATA power can generally be hidden in the back.
Molex 4 pin are hardly used any more, and you could make them yourself anyway.

I'm lookin' at you Redbeard.......:p

I agree...SELL the cables needed, not the whole kit or sell them both ways if needed.

But its basically forcing the customer to spend $ on un-needed cables that, like stated, arent even seen.

Individually or nothing at all from this customer :)

I agree...SELL the cables needed, not the whole kit or sell them both ways if needed.

But its basically forcing the customer to spend $ on un-needed cables that, like stated, arent even seen.

Individually or nothing at all from this customer :)

Precisely why I am going to get only the Bitfenix cables that I need. half the cost for the desired effect. Granted not fully sleeved all the way to the PSU. Minor issue id deal with for half the cost!

since my psu 24pin and pcies are sleeved now, i'll wait to see if corsair does in fact start selling them individually.

Don't really get this. Point of custom cables with sleeve is to get the exact length you need for an ultra clean look.

Sleeved cables of standard length does nothing but add even MORE bulk to a case.

Plus the quality seems poor, the shrink isn't even of even length and is WAY too long.

Don't really get this. Point of custom cables with sleeve is to get the exact length you need for an ultra clean look.

Sleeved cables of standard length does nothing but add even MORE bulk to a case.

Plus the quality seems poor, the shrink isn't even of even length and is WAY too long.

Thats why i went for the bitfenix cables. But regardless, the corsair ones also look great.

Grrrr. I hate this thread...because it is soooo tempting. They look dead sexy, red would go awesome with my Maximus IV Gene-Z Gen 3, and they probably flatten out much better behind the MB tray...but 90 beans? Nope. I only paid 149 for the AX750. Besides, I don't even have a window. :)

Props to Corsair for giving you the option though.

for someone only using a few cables like me, you may consider paying one of the experts to sleeve your regular cables with MDPC sleeve

yea its a great option i just think the price is high for what your getting
almost as much as the psu it self make it hard to pull the trigger on
again 50 60 bucks id do it 90 just is hard to justify

not really worth it, better investment to jsut learn to sleeve yourself or buy some bitfenix extensions.

Is there some reason that the HX versions don't come with a 24 pin cable?

Guess I should open my case more often, forgot that they weren't fully modular. That's an even worse deal, $80 and you don't even get the main cables.

Because swapping the main cables would require you to open your unit and solder, which is impractical and void your warranty in the process.

I wish that Corsair would simply make the black individually sleeved cables standard on their AX line of PSUs with the option to buy complete cable kits in addtional colors, or individual cables for a splash of color here and there. Possibly create an AX Plus line with the individually sleeved cables, this could account for a slight price increase and still leave the standard AX price line unaffected.

And LESS heatshrink.

Ya, They should make them sleeved like this standard with black with the option to pick the color you want and sell them individually.

Because swapping the main cables would require you to open your unit and solder, which is impractical and void your warranty in the process.

Even more reason to sell them individually instead of spend $80 to get PCIe cables basically.

Back