• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair Hydro Series H55

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Vortez has the Corsair Hydro H55 strapped to the test bench today for a little review action. You can see our recent evaluation of the Corsair H55 and its sibling, the H60, here.

The Hydro Series has been well received over the last few years. With numerous model names under their belt to cater for different audiences and budgets, enthusiasts and avid system builders have plenty of options. Today we will be taking a look at a new release for the Hydro Series which resides at the lower end of the market. The H55 is designed for budget-minded builders who require low-noise liquid cooling with no-nonsense installation. Can Corsair’s new H55 meet these demands?
 
I still say those weak, aluminum threaded tabs that the screws go in to are a major weak spot in this design. There should be threaded steel inserts manufactured into those tabs.

My screws pulled right out of the holes during a reasonably mild "Tug Test", and no they were not over-tightened.

This was on an i80, but the design is the same. I returned it and went with a CM 212 Evo instead. Much cheaper, simpler install (if you set aside the dumb retention "X" design), and seems to cool just as well from the graphs I've seen.

I loved the idea, the look, the clean install and everything about the i80, but the weak mounting tabs did it in for me. Until I see steel inserts in there, I won't try another.

This is probably the one and only time Corsair has let me down. My machines are stuffed full of their products.
 
Because it's a lower end cooler so it comes with lower end fans. An amount of the lower pricing comes from the use of an OEM double ball bearing fan rather than a SP120 with fluid dynamic bearings.
 
So? I have never used the stock fans on a single cpu cooler that I have ever owned including an H50 and H60. Preferably I like to use two fans in push pull. These coolers really benefit from that. To me or anyone who plans on using the cooler in a similar way the results are useless.
 
The review can only test with what they have in hand.

As a reviewer, you can't go ahead and swap the fans to test the product that way. It's altering the product. You aren't opliged to review a modded product.
 
Yeah, ok dude. You made my ignore list.

Your whole post history is just arguing with people just to argue.

Have you ever seen a Vortez review in the past?
 
I would think that 90% of people at least use the stock fans that come with a product. Reviewing the stock fans is the way to go. If a review wants to test the stock fans and then aftermarket and compare, then that is also good.
 
I would think that 90% of people at least use the stock fans that come with a product. Reviewing the stock fans is the way to go. If a review wants to test the stock fans and then aftermarket and compare, then that is also good.

I would think that at least most people here are going to use a fan controller. So, even then you kind of want an idea on how a product performs at a given fan speed.

Vortez used to always use a bunch of fan combinations in their reviews. Its too bad that they stopped.
 
Then you're thinking of it wrong.

A fan controller isn't something "most people" have. It's an extra for most, not a normality.

Most people just do with what they have in their hand.
 
Sometimes I wish Corsair make a version of those Hydro that doesn't come with the stock fan so the price of the unit will be lower or they could design in a better rad
 
Sometimes I wish Corsair make a version of those Hydro that doesn't come with the stock fan so the price of the unit will be lower or they could design in a better rad

Are you being sarcastic? In case you're not, they make Core models without fans, and they are coming out with new coolers.
 
Back
Top