• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair HX650 (?)

liquidfluidity

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
2,938
Been doing some research on my psu and am finding conflicting results as to how many 12v rails it has , 1 or 2. I am trying to make sure that I am keeping my vid card off of the same rail as my cpu/mobo - which won't matter if it's a single rail. If there are dual rails , how am I to tell which plugs go to which rail?
 
Simple, look at the power label on your power supply. If it just has a single 12v, then it's single rail. If it has 12v1, 12v2, etc, then it is multirail.

That said, I believe all Corsair HX units are single rail besides the HX1000, and that most Corsair power supplies are single rail in general.
 
Too simple - now I feel even dumber! I'll have to pull it and see. will it also show plug designation between rails if it is indeed 2 rails?( for future refs)
 
The label is not always right. However, the HX650 does have one rail.
 
Back
Top