• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair HX620W

FengPangzi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
321
Has anyone else had any issues with the a high pitched squeal from a HX620W? I wasn't having this problem with my X58 mobo, but when I switched to a P55 I started having a weird squealing sound. Turning off C1E helped, but didn't eliminate the problem. Swapping it out for a Silverstone unit fixed the issue. Any thoughts?
 
I have a squeal coming from my computer at random times and I just attributed to coil whine, so it may be coming from my 620.
 
Try putting your ear up really close to the PSU. It went on for a couple days before I realized it was the PSU.
 
I never had squealing in my systems using my HX620 until I got this new P55/5870 system. I'm assuming the loudest squealing is from the 5870 since it only happens in 3D, but there's some noise even in 2D, so I'm not sure what's doing it. I've decided to upgrade PSUs, ordered one of those neat Seasonic X750s, so I should know sometime in the next week.
 
I recently replaced a squealing Seasonic S12 650 which ran fine for several years and then just started whistling out of the blue (definitely seems to be related to activity on my GTX 285 though). I believe some Corsairs are (or were) made by Seasonic so they might be using the same coils or similar PWM circuitry. I suppose it's possible that the varnish that holds the coil windings in place must degrade after a while and they start to resonate at certain PWM frequencies. I replaced it with a Corsair 750HX which might be made by Seasonic or ChannellWell so we'll see if it holds up better.
 
Do a forum search for coil whine. This has already been discussed many, many times.
 
Back
Top