• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair Hx620W

Orsenfelt

n00b
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
25
Ok, I am putting together a fairly top end gaming PC thats futureproof and have pretty much everything down besides the power.

What'll be in the rig:
Asus P5n32-E PLUS Sli motherboard
1 eVGA ACS3 8800GTX (Not pre-overclocked)
3 Western Digital Hard Drives
NEC S-Ata Dvd+RW
4Gb DDR2 PC2 6400 RAM

I've been reading the Hx620W can power Sli 8800GTX and QuadCore, However what about overclocked?
I plan on overclocking the E6600 and the 8800GTX, Then further down the line when it starts to slow down/Quadcore is cheaper and more used dropping in another ACS3 8800GTX and a QuadCore

So, Would the Hx620W power 2 OC'd 8800GTX's, an OC'd QuadCore, 4gb Mem and 3HDD's?
 
Hey Bbq,

Can you please explain that a little more. I am also looking at this PSU as well.

I will post any info I find on this PSU.

Thanks
 
well the dude asked if it would power

So, Would the Hx620W power 2 OC'd 8800GTX's, an OC'd QuadCore, 4gb Mem and 3HDD's?

and the answer to the question is yes...
 
Same question but with a different setup:

Would a corsair HX520w be sufficient for:

OC'd Core2 e6600
OC'd eVGA 8800GTX/ or GTS
1 HD

?

I hear the 8800 line is a little less greedy on psu consumption, so if I don't plan on doing SLi ever, would a 520w be sufficient ?
 
You could probably get away with running a 520HX to power a single 8800 GTX (if you dont' have a half-dozen HDD) or 8800GTS with juice to spare. Thats my plan when prices start to drop anyway.
 
Back
Top