Did a new build about 3 weeks ago of pretty much everything but my case and PSU. Been thinking of getting a new modular PSU for cleaning up cables and checked out Corsair's web site to see what they reccomended. Their calculator pointed me towards the HX520.
I read the reviews here and a few other places and the numbers look it will be more than enough to power my set up but just wanted to get some opinions before buying one.
My current set up is:
Q6600
Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX 92MM fan
DFI LT X38-T2R
4GB G.Skill DDR2 1000
EvGA 8800GTS (G92) 512
1 WD 120GB SATA 3.0gb HD
1 Lite-on DVD/CDRW SATA combo drive
Using the onboard sound and LAN
2 80MM case fans
Yes I've OC'd it a bit Q6600@3.0 (9X333)
the 8800GTS has a pretty mild OC on it with aftermarket cooling (Accelero S1 w/120mm fan)
I read the reviews here and a few other places and the numbers look it will be more than enough to power my set up but just wanted to get some opinions before buying one.
My current set up is:
Q6600
Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX 92MM fan
DFI LT X38-T2R
4GB G.Skill DDR2 1000
EvGA 8800GTS (G92) 512
1 WD 120GB SATA 3.0gb HD
1 Lite-on DVD/CDRW SATA combo drive
Using the onboard sound and LAN
2 80MM case fans
Yes I've OC'd it a bit Q6600@3.0 (9X333)
the 8800GTS has a pretty mild OC on it with aftermarket cooling (Accelero S1 w/120mm fan)