Corsair HX 520 or Hiper 580W Type-R

madcow11

n00b
Hello, my power supply is acting up so im going to get a replacement, but i cant decide which one. I am buying from uk so my choices are limited. So far i have found the Hiper 580W Type-R and the Corsair HX 520. Any others that can be found on ebuyer.com or overclock.co.uk (or any recommended uk site) around the 60£ range would also be good. The power supplies are probally more than i need (7600gs, 3500 Athlon am2) but i want to be able to keep it if i upgrade later on.
Which would you guys recommend?

i had a hiper blow up on me for absolutly no reason (computer was even off), my new build i used a corsair 620. I'd recomend the corsair, i'm in love with mine. The cables are nice to, all black and the connectors can be easily removed and reconfigured. the hiper doesn't have sata plugs, but instead uses converters from molex. its kind of a goofy set up, and you lose the +5v. but it does come completely sleaved and has many extra cables. but yeah, i think the corsair is the beter way to go.

Corsair HX 520! Not even close! ;)

The Corsair is one of the best PSU's available & is King of the 480W to 520W class with up to +12V@40A.

The Hiper is mediocre at best.

Stay away from the hiper! Mine died and took the graphics card with it.

I was shopping for a power supply last week and was thinking about the Hiper but then decided to go with the Corsair. I'm extremely happy that I did. It's QUIET and very stable . It comes with a ton of cables and looks great.

Are there any other psu's close to the same price range that are better than the corsair?
Also, i would like to be able to keep the PSU when i upgrade, so what is the max it would be able to comfortably power?

Are there any other psu's close to the same price range that are better than the corsair?
Also, i would like to be able to keep the PSU when i upgrade, so what is the max it would be able to comfortably power?
The Corsair 520W is the "Best of Class", however you could always go up to the Corsair 620W. ;)

Back