Corsair H80i $65 AR

One of these coupled with a $7 bracket should be in EVERY [H]ard members system that doesn't use a full WC setup..For the performance and noise savings, they are a no brainer over using a traditional heatsink/fan setup on a modern gpu...

One of these coupled with a $7 bracket should be in EVERY [H]ard members system that doesn't use a full WC setup..For the performance and noise savings, they are a no brainer over using a traditional heatsink/fan setup on a modern gpu...

what kind of bracket?

Perfect, the last piece of the puzzle for me (inside the case anyway). I'll be pissed if I drove over there and they are OOS even though the website says in stock.

* Of course the last one in stock is locked in a case no one has the key to. At least I got a rain check.

Last edited:
Wow a lot cheaper than I expected! Just too bad the 670/780 suck at overclocking :/

I have an ASUS GTX 670 TOP.
117 power
+500 on the memory
+50 core

MSI Afterburner.

The slider for the power doesn't go any higher and if I push the memory anymore I lock up.

Last edited:
Wow a lot cheaper than I expected! Just too bad the 670/780 suck at overclocking :/

I have an ASUS GTX 670 TOP.
117 power
+500 on the memory

MSI Afterburner.

The slider for the power doesn't go any higher and if I push the memory anymore I lock up.

Try modding the vBIOS to allow a higher voltage. I did that with my reference GTX 670 and was able to get it past 1200MHz on the core. Unfortunately my memory won't clock that much higher but at least I was able to squeeze a few more fps out of the card.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1289489/gtx-600-series-unlocked-voltage-bios-downloads-and-tools

Tempted, but I'm able to hit 1187 boost without any mods. Perfectly stable too.

So now +500 memory, +50 core

Clock 1109
Boost 1187
Memory 1752

I wish that my issue was heat related, just to give me an excuse to throw something like a H80i onto it.

SolidBladez thanks for the bios info.

I didn't gain a lot of frames on the valley benchmark. But it did improve.

On Valley Benchmark
Stock =
40.6 fps average
1697 score
20.8 min
75.1 max

Best Stock OC =
45.2 fps average
1890 score
21.5 min
86.5 max

Bios Update =
46.8 fps average
1960 score
22.2 min
94.5 max

drk.png

I didn't even take it to the point of artifacting. Is this GPU exceptional or normal?

Thats interesting I didnt know you could mount a H series cooler on your graphics cards lol. Too bad my FT-02 only has one 120mm fan mounting. I would easily do it for the GPU and CPU if I could. Will be going to Frys tomorrow though to pick one up.

not a bad deal but I have to say i'm satisfied with my current tower cooler.

So with the bracket, I could use the h80 on my GTX570? All I would have to do is unscrew the fan on it and screw the bracket and H80 on?

Damn. Will seriously consider.... probably by the time I decide to do it, it will be out of stock at my local Fry's lol....

With the bracket, what about cooling the VRM's, and memory, heat sinks, and a small fan blowing on them?

the basic bracket covers the GPU itself....they have other ones on there that cover memory and such... i wondered the same thing.=) basic bracket is like 6$ bracket so you can mount a small fan is like 8$ more flashy ones on there for $10.

SOOO Tempting. The pump on my H50 seems to be going out.

That happened to mine after a little over a year of usage and Corsair wouldn't replace it. Oh well though, upgraded to the H100 when I upgraded all of my other components last year.

Can these be used without connecting to USB header? or is it pointless to do that with the "i" version?

So with the bracket, I could use the h80 on my GTX570? All I would have to do is unscrew the fan on it and screw the bracket and H80 on?

Well you're going to have to apply TIM and clear off the old gunk an all that...

Received my H80i today. Only downside is that it did come with the old 3 pin fans and old firmware. Corsair will replace but you have to submit an RMA for the fans. And the FW is upgradeable with the Corsair Link 2 software.

Can these be used without connecting to USB header? or is it pointless to do that with the "i" version?

Yes. The USB header is only if you want to monitor the cooler or fans (if plugged into the cooler) and to update the firmware.

Received my H80i today. Only downside is that it did come with the old 3 pin fans and old firmware. Corsair will replace but you have to submit an RMA for the fans. And the FW is upgradeable with the Corsair Link 2 software.

What is wrong with the 3pin fans? I heard they sometimes rattle is there anything else I should know? Also what are the new fans, molex?

Is there an issue with the old firmware? I bought two of these and installed them and they seem to run fine. I don't want to update the firwmare and screw it up if its working great.

Well installed mine last night. Fans are annoying. I usually dont care about noise but the fans are REALLY loud and really high pitched. Read that they are giving free replacement fans so I filled out a RMA form. Also the radiator is like a few mms longer than my H50 which causes it to hit my fan control switches on the FT02 :(. Thats not the worse part, my H80i is performing worse than my H50. I dont know if I didnt seat it properly or what. I will reseat tonight and see. My H50 keeps my idle temps at 38-44c H80i keeps it at a constant 44-45 on medium settings, High is about 40c but its too loud and I can hear it across my house though load is exactly the same for both and the fans that I used for my H50 pushed less air but was a lot more quiet. If I seat it again and it doesnt help looks like I will be returning this.

SOOO Tempting. The pump on my H50 seems to be going out.

as many are having problem, i've my H50 still going strong even after um 3+year with actually no noticeable noise. i was planning on upgrading but i think i was lucky one to get such solid one.

Well installed mine last night. Fans are annoying. I usually dont care about noise but the fans are REALLY loud and really high pitched. Read that they are giving free replacement fans so I filled out a RMA form. Also the radiator is like a few mms longer than my H50 which causes it to hit my fan control switches on the FT02 :(. Thats not the worse part, my H80i is performing worse than my H50. I dont know if I didnt seat it properly or what. I will reseat tonight and see. My H50 keeps my idle temps at 38-44c H80i keeps it at a constant 44-45 on medium settings, High is about 40c but its too loud and I can hear it across my house though load is exactly the same for both and the fans that I used for my H50 pushed less air but was a lot more quiet. If I seat it again and it doesnt help looks like I will be returning this.

That's not really reflected in any of the reviews I've read (the performance that is). I guess make sure the pump is running about 1400rpm or so and the header's not being regulated by the motherboard.

That's not really reflected in any of the reviews I've read (the performance that is). I guess make sure the pump is running about 1400rpm or so and the header's not being regulated by the motherboard.

Yea, not sure. Corsair link says fans are at 2k rpms atm and pump at 2191 rpms.

when you plop one of these on your video card does it rule out SLI at that point because of how tall they are? Just rockin a single 680 now but may want to double em in the future.

Back